International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2021)
Effective design and management of key processes is widely regarded as an important differentiator and source of competitive advantage in manufacturing, for profit services and public services. Processes permeate all facets of an organisation. Some processes exist within one functional area, while others cut across functional areas. IJPMB aims to cover both functional and business processes. Benchmarks, benchmarking and knowledge management are among the process improvement tools.
Topics covered include
- Process modelling/simulation/management
- Functional processes, business wide processes
- Business process reengineering
- Role of process in enhancing competitiveness
- Core competencies, process organisation
- Environment and processes
- Supply chain processes
- Team working, remuneration/motivation, training/selection
- Process change implementation/management, evaluation of options
- Link between process and operations/corporate strategy
- Remote processes
- Process quality/productivity, productivity measurement/improvement
- Process planning, scheduling, control, design, technology
- Queue design/management
- Benchmarking, tools/ethics/clubs, developing benchmarks/process knowledge
The aim of IJPMB is to disseminate original peer reviewed theoretical or practical high quality research in the field of process management, benchmarking and knowledge management. It publishes both quantitative and qualitative research by academics and practitioners. IJPMB has an international scope reflecting the global nature of today|s business environment.
Academics and researchers, libraries, operations managers, senior managers and chief executives, policy makers.
IJPMB welcomes both original and practical contributions. These can be quantitative or qualitative, surveys, reviews or case studies, or research notes and brief articles intended to keep readers up-to-date with current research in the field. Book reviews and a calendar of international events are also included.
IJPMB is indexed in:More indexes...
IJPMB is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
- Pati, Niranjan, Rowan University, USA
North American Editor
- Davis, Mark, Bentley College, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Boer, Harry, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Brown, Karen, University of Washington, USA
- Cabral Cardoso, Carlos J., Universidade do Minho, Portugal
- Cooper, Cary L., Lancaster University, UK
- Cox, Sue, Lancaster University, UK
- De Meyer, Arnoud, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Evans, James R., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Ferdows, Kasra, Georgetown University, USA
- Francis, Arthur, University of Bradford, UK
- Gallear, David, Brunel University , UK
- Ghobadian, Abby, Henley Management College, UK
- Gozlu, Sitki, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Kono, Hiro, Keio University, Japan
- Muffatto, Moreno, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Nakandala, Dilupa, Western Sydney University, Australia
- Narasimhan, Ram, Michigan State University, USA
- Prabhu, Vas, Newcastle Business School, UK
- Rekettye, Gabor, University of Pecs, Hungary
- Rezayat, Fahimeh, California State University, USA
- Slack, Nigel, University of Warwick, UK
- Sohal, Amrik, Monash University, Australia
- Voros, Jozsef, University of Pecs, Hungary
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking increases issues
15 December, 2022
International Journal of Process Management and Benchmarking is increasing from 6 to 12 issues per year in 2023