International Journal of Public Law and Policy
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ilaria Espa
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJPLAP covers issues of public law and policy of international relevance. It includes thought-provoking contributions on how public international law obligations inform national approaches in a wide range of sectors, as well as on how the state's experiences contribute to shaping and advancing the international agenda. IJPLAP features articles, editorials, notes, commentaries, analyses of jurisprudence and legislation and book reviews written by leading scholars and practitioners working in law and related fields, such as economics, philosophy and political science.
Topics covered include
- Traditional issues of public international law (including treaty law, institutional law and dispute settlement)
- Human rights
- Foreign and security policy, migration
- Trade and investment
- Financial regulation
- Intellectual property
- Environment, energy and food security
- Digitalisation and data protection
IJPLAP's main objective is to be the leading forum for information and critical discussion from a variety of international perspectives in the constantly evolving area of law and government. The world is changing fast and governments are facing many public policy challenges, legal issues of public interest and public policy relating to the many political, economic and social issues, in an open and uncensored intellectual discussion.
A major factor is the transition to the online world. This is reshaping public law and needs to scrutinised from a broad range of perspectives and disciplines as outlined below. IJPLAP aims to publish critical works of the highest quality exploring leading issues in depth. It seeks to promotes awareness, knowledge and discussion on matters of public law and examines global trends that carry public policy implications. It is committed to facilitating critical and creative thinking and to exploring new directions and perspectives.
IJPLAP readership includes academics, practitioners, judges, legislators and policy-makers around the world. It is essential reading for academics and practitioners who need to stay abreast of recent developments in public law and cutting edge public policy issues.
IJPLAP encourages the submission of original papers, case studies, commentaries, review articles and scholarly articles exploring leading issues from lawyers and social scientists worldwide.
IJPLAP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Current Law Index (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Westlaw UK
- LegalTrac (Gale)
- LexisNexis legal databases
IJPLAP is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Espa, Ilaria, World Trade Institute and Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland
- Alexovicová, Iveta, Maastricht University, Netherlands
Editorial Board Members
- Blanke, Herm.-J., University of Erfurt, Germany
- Chand, Vikram, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- De Hert, Paul, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium
- Durán, Gracia Marín, University College London, UK
- Farah, Paolo, West Virginia University, USA
- Hallo de Wolf, Antenor, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Jacques, Sabine, University of East Anglia, UK
- Lane, W., Clayton Utz Professor of Public Law, Australia
- Morison, John, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Palma, Carolina, University of Costa Rica, Costa Rica
- Polanco, Rodrigo, World Trade Institute, Switzerland
- Prévost, Denise, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Rieter, Eva, Radboud University, Netherlands
- Romanin Jacur, Francesca, Universitá degli Studi di Milano, Italy
- Sartor, Giovanni, European University Institute, Italy
- Weber, Rolf H., University of Zürich, Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.