International Journal of Management Practice
- Prof. Yong Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 0.8
Significant amounts of theory are not applied to management practice, being too far removed from the world of practice or being sound but handled in a manner that confines them to academia. IJMP focuses on the pragmatics of informing management action/practice, translating existing theories into forms relevant, digestible and amenable to practical action, besides developing new insights by developing and examining leading edge managerial practices to enhance organisational performance. The challenges are dynamic, so the subject coverage is merely indicative.
Topics covered include
- Small/family business management, intra/entrepreneurship
- Government policy on entrepreneurship
- Creating marketing orientation
- Managing workplace motivation/pressure/stress
- De-layering, restructuring
- Managing learning and improvement
- Instilling creativity
- Managing globalisation and international business
- Managing supply chains
- E-management practices
- Sustainable finance
- Green reporting
- ESG investing
- Environmental policy
- Sustainable development
The aim of the IJMP is to help turn management theory into management practice. IJMP endeavours to illustrate pragmatic solutions to corporate problems and challenges.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJMP publishes papers that are able to show how to turn theory into practice or describe leading managerial practices that enable business performance. It will adopt a pragmatic and easy to read jargon free style. IJMP will encourage papers that develop frameworks and define processes that help to translate specific concepts and philosophy into organisational actions. The journal will also publish rigorously compiled case studies of companies that illustrate ||best practice|| ways of doing things, and highlight key challenges and ways of transferring these practices into other organisations.
IJMP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMP is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- The BFI lists
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- FMS Journal Rating Guide
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- University of Queensland Business School Journal List
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
- Ahmed, Pervaiz K., Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Wang, Yong, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Anosike, Uchenna Paschal, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hardaker, Glenn, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam
- Kok, Seng Kiong, RMIT University, Vietnam
- Oriade, Ade, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Yu, Ellen Pei-yi, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Ahuja, Vandana, Amity University, India
- Al-Okaily, Manaf, Jadara University and University of Jordan, Jordan
- Beena, Fatima, American College of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Chonko, Larry, Baylor University, USA
- D'Amico, Michael F., The University of Akron, USA
- De Vries, Manfred F.R. Kets, INSEAD, France
- Dehler, Gordon E., College of Charleston, USA
- Hamlin, Bob, University of Wolverhampton , UK
- Hax, Arnaldo C., Massachusetts Institute of Technology , USA
- Hooi, Lai Wan, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Kakabadse, Andrew, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Khan, Hira Salah ud din, Jiangsu University, China
- Klefsjö, Bengt, Luleå University, Sweden
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Misra, Rajnish Kumar, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, India
- Mustafa, Michael, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Rafiq, Mohammed, Loughborough University, UK
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Ryan, Neal, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Schmidt-Wilk, Jane, Maharishi University of Management, USA
- Simintiras, Antonis, University of Wales, UK
- Sivakumar, K., Lehigh University, USA
- Sohal, Amrik, Monash University, Australia
- Soufani, Khaled, University of Cambridge, UK
- Vesperi, Walter, Università degli Studi di Messina, Italy
- Wang, Catherine L., Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Wilderom, Celeste P.M., University of Twente, Netherlands
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Tackling workplace bullying
11 May, 2022
Workplace bullying has always been a problem but recognition of this problem and how we must stand up to it and try to eradicate it from the workplace culture has only come to the fore in recent years. A conceptual review in the International Journal of Management Practice looks at the issues, the terminology, and the definitions with the aim of helping researchers fill the many gaps in the literature in a consistent manner. Rajnish Kumar Misra and Divya Sharma of the Jaypee Institute of Information Technology in Noida, India, explain that there is a need to differentiate between bullying and other forms of negative behaviour in the workplace, such as so-called "desk rage" [...]More details...
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.