International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Tugrul Ozel
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.8 (2019)
IJMMS covers the broad field of mechatronics (computers, sensors, machines, controls) related to manufacturing processes and systems, highlighting R&D in the modern engineering of advanced mechatronics and manufacturing technology. It addresses all manufacturing equipment, processes and systems, including machining systems, metal forming, joining, lasers and electrically enhanced processes, additive manufacturing processes, hybrid and microfabrication processes. IJMMS also reports work on broad industrial applications, e.g. discrete product manufacturing systems with applications in automotive, aerospace, machine tool, computer, biomedical and other industries.
Topics covered include
- Additive manufacturing equipment and control
- Advanced/intelligent/smart machining systems
- Autonomous/adaptive control systems, sensors, actuators
- Biomanufacturing systems
- Computer-aided/integrated manufacturing methods
- Computer-aided inspection/quality control systems
- Computational methods and optimisation in manufacturing
- Expert manufacturing systems based on artificial intelligence methods
- Hybrid manufacturing processes/systems
- Metal forming manufacturing equipment and control
- Machine tool design and control
- Mechatronics systems in manufacturing
- Miniaturised manufacturing devices, equipment, systems
- Non-traditional machining systems
- Laser-based manufacturing systems
- Sensor fusion, network technologies for manufacturing
The objective of IJMMS is to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners about the advances in machine tools, mechatronics, sensors and controls applications in modern manufacturing systems.
Academics; manufacturing researchers; industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, systems engineers; professionals in machine tool, manufacturing equipment, mechatronics and related industries.
IJMMS publishes original research papers; review papers; technical papers and notes; short communications; discussion on papers; cases studies; special issues on selected topics reflecting important advances in the general field of mechatronics, manufacturing technology and manufacturing systems.
IJMMS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMMS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Ozel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
Regional Editor Asia
- Dixit, Uday Shanker, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Subject Editor (Additive Manufacturing)
- Ciurana, Joaquim, University of Girona, Spain
Subject Editor (Digital Manufacturing)
- Iñigo Ituarte, Flores, Aalborg University, Denmark
Subject Editor (Forming and Biomedical Manufacturing)
- Ceretti, Elisabetta, University of Brescia, Italy
Subject Editor (Mechatronics and Robotic Systems)
- Benardos, Panorios, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Subject Editor (Metrology and Precision Systems)
- Yagüe-Fabra, Jose A., Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Subject Editor (Micro and Nano Manufacturing Systems)
- Karpat, Yigit, Bilkent University, Turkey
Editorial Board Members
- Attanasio, Aldo, University of Brescia, Italy
- Bártolo, Paulo Jorge, University of Manchester, UK
- Biermann, Dirk, TU Dortmund, Germany
- Cao, Hongrui, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
- Chandra, Abhijit, Iowa State University, USA
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, University of Louisville, USA
- D'Urso, Gianluca, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Donmez, Alkan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Ihlenfeldt, Steffen, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Jin, Xiaoliang, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Joshi, Suhas S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Kaftanoglu, Bilgin, Atilim University, Turkey
- Lee, Yuan-Shin, North Carolina State University, USA
- Liu, Guoliang, Qingdao University of Technology, China
- Liu, Xinyu, Lamar University, USA
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Mohamed, Zaharuddin, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Olgac, Nejat, University of Connecticut, USA
- Pfefferkorn, Frank, University of Wisconsin, USA
- Rodriguez, Ciro A., Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
- Settineri, Luca, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Sharma, Vishal S., Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, India
- Srivastava, Anil K., University of Texas–Pan American, USA
- Thepsonthi, Thanongsak, Burapha University, Thailand
- Ulutan, Durul, Kadir Has University, Turkey
- Unel, Mustafa, Sabanci University, Turkey
- Vosniakos, George-Christopher, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wegener, Konrad, ETH Zürich, Inspire AG, Switzerland
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.