International Journal of Mechatronics and Manufacturing Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Tugrul Ozel
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.6 (2021)
IJMMS covers the broad field of mechatronics (computers, sensors, machines, controls) related to manufacturing processes and systems, highlighting R&D in the modern engineering of advanced mechatronics and manufacturing technology. It addresses all manufacturing equipment, processes and systems, including machining systems, metal forming, joining, lasers and electrically enhanced processes, additive manufacturing processes, hybrid and microfabrication processes. IJMMS also reports work on broad industrial applications, e.g. discrete product manufacturing systems with applications in automotive, aerospace, machine tool, computer, biomedical and other industries.
Topics covered include
- Additive manufacturing equipment and control
- Advanced/intelligent/smart machining systems
- Autonomous/adaptive control systems, sensors, actuators
- Biomanufacturing systems
- Computer-aided/integrated manufacturing methods
- Computer-aided inspection/quality control systems
- Computational methods and optimisation in manufacturing
- Expert manufacturing systems based on artificial intelligence methods
- Hybrid manufacturing processes/systems
- Metal forming manufacturing equipment and control
- Machine tool design and control
- Mechatronics systems in manufacturing
- Miniaturised manufacturing devices, equipment, systems
- Non-traditional machining systems
- Laser-based manufacturing systems
- Sensor fusion, network technologies for manufacturing
The objective of IJMMS is to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners about the advances in machine tools, mechatronics, sensors and controls applications in modern manufacturing systems.
Academics; manufacturing researchers; industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, systems engineers; professionals in machine tool, manufacturing equipment, mechatronics and related industries.
IJMMS publishes original research papers; review papers; technical papers and notes; short communications; discussion on papers; cases studies; special issues on selected topics reflecting important advances in the general field of mechatronics, manufacturing technology and manufacturing systems.
IJMMS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMMS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Ozel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
Regional Editor Asia
- Dixit, Uday Shanker, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Subject Editor (Digital Manufacturing)
- Iñigo Ituarte, Flores, Tampere University, Finland
Subject Editor (Forming and Biomedical Manufacturing)
- Ceretti, Elisabetta, University of Brescia, Italy
Subject Editor (Mechatronics and Robotic Systems)
- Benardos, Panorios, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Subject Editor (Micro and Nano Manufacturing Systems)
- Karpat, Yigit, Bilkent University, Turkey
Editorial Board Members
- Attanasio, Aldo, University of Brescia, Italy
- Biermann, Dirk, TU Dortmund, Germany
- Bleicher, Friedrich, TU Wien, Austria
- Cao, Hongrui, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University London, UK
- D'Urso, Gianluca, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Donmez, Alkan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Eynard, Benoît, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Ihlenfeldt, Steffen, Technische Universität Dresden, Germany
- Jin, Xiaoliang, The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Joshi, Suhas S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Liu, Guoliang, Qingdao University of Technology, China
- Mohamed, Zaharuddin, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Pfefferkorn, Frank, University of Wisconsin, USA
- Sharma, Vishal S., Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar, India
- Shokrani, Alborz, University of Bath, UK
- Teti, Roberto, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Vosniakos, George-Christopher, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wegener, Konrad, ETH Zürich, Inspire AG, Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.