International Journal of Mechatronics and Automation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Shuxiang Guo
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.3 (2019)
IJMA is a fully refereed international journal that presents state-of-the-art research in the area of mechatronics and industrial automation. The intention of IJMA is to provide an international forum to report latest developments from interdisciplinary theoretical studies, computational algorithm development and practical applications. It particularly welcomes those emerging methodologies and techniques which bridge theoretical studies and applications and have significant potential for real-world applications.
Topics covered include
- Intelligent mechatronics, robotics and biomimetics
- Novel and unconventional mechatronic systems and robots
- Modelling and control of mechatronics systems and robots
- Elements, structures, mechanisms of micro and nano systems
- Sensors, wireless sensor networks and multi-sensor data fusion
- Biomedical and rehabilitation engineering, prosthetics and artificial organs
- AI, neural networks and fuzzy logic in mechatronics and robotics
- Industrial automation, process control and networked control systems
- Telerobotics, human computer interaction, human-robot interaction
The main objective of IJMA is to establish an excellent channel of communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in the industry, and policy makers.
IJMA provides a forum for information exchange between professionals, academicians and engineers who are working in the area of mechatronics, control engineering, and industrial automation, helping them to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJMA publishes original papers, technical reports, case studies, review papers and tutorials. Special Issues devoted to important topics in advanced mechatronic systems, robotics, control engineering and industrial automation will be published from time to time.
Editor in Chief
- Guo, Shuxiang, Kagawa University, Japan
- Hu, Huosheng, University of Essex, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Adams, Martin, Nanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Alici, Gursel, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Asama, Hajime, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Caldwell, Darwin G, Italian Institute of Technology, Italy
- Celani, Fabio, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Ferworn, Alexander, Ryerson University, Canada
- Fukuda, Toshio, Nagoya University, Japan
- Hamel, William R., University of Tennessee, USA
- Huang, Dagui, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China , China
- Johnson, Jeffrey, Open University, UK
- Kim, Jong-Hwan, KAIST, South Korea
- Liu, Chang, Northwestern University, USA
- Meng, Max, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Mills, James K., University of Toronto, Canada
- Ming, Aiguo, University of Electro-Communications, Japan
- Mir-Nasiri, Nazim, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
- Tarn, T.J., Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Zhang, Hong, University of Alberta, Canada
- Zhang, Jianwei, University of Hamburg, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.