International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jesús Garcia-Madariaga
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2021)
IJIMA is a double-blind refereed, highly professional and authoritative source of information in the field of Internet and its applications in marketing and advertising. IJIMA also publishes theories and practices that are useful to executives in managing marketing and advertising activities over the Internet.
Topics covered include
- Advertising on the Net, internet branding, security/privacy issues
- Agency relationship management, customer relationship management
- B2B marketplace, channel management, collaborative marketing
- Consumer behaviour and loyalty
- Creativity in Web marketing and advertising
- Direct marketing, effectiveness in marketing and advertising
- E-service management, online community management, social marketing
- Ethics in marketing and advertising
- Globalisation and international marketing
- Marketing resources management, customer asset management
- Innovation and new product development
- Knowledge management, market intelligence analysis, marketing research/strategies
- Migration from marketplace to marketspace
- Product evaluation, pricing strategies, promotion, public relations, sales management
- Service marketing/trust on the Net, service/product quality/management
IJIMA focuses on the emerging changes in theories, strategies, and management methods of marketing and advertising, brought about by the Internet and information technology applications, and their implications for the associated processes, products, and services. Emphasis will also be on the related social, political and economic issues as well as emerging issues of interest to professionals and academics.
Professionals, policy-makers, academics, researchers, and managers in IT, marketing, advertising, business and commerce.
IJIMA publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, and commentaries. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJIMA is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
IJIMA is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- FMS Journal Rating Guide
- Index of Information Systems Journals (Deakin University)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Li, Eldon Y., National Chung Cheng University, Chiayi, Taiwan, Province of China
Editor in Chief
- Garcia-Madariaga, Jesús, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Cuesta-Valiño, Pedro, Universidad de Alcalá, Spain
- Yen, HsiuJu Rebecca, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, Province of China
- Arias-Oliva, Mario, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Núñez-Barriopedro, Estela, Universidad de Alcalá, Spain
- Richards, Jef I., Michigan State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abe, Makoto, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ahuja, Vandana, Jaipuria Institute of Management, India
- Brown, Stephen, University of Ulster, UK
- Brown, Stephen W., Arizona State University, USA
- Cassia, Fabio, University of Verona, Italy
- Chakravarti, Dipankar, University of Colorado, USA
- Diamantopoulos, A., University of Vienna, Austria
- Edvardsson, Bo, University of Karlstad, Sweden
- Ewing, Michael, Monash University, Australia
- Franke, George, University of Alabama, USA
- Ghosh, Avijit, College of Business, USA
- Gorn, Gerald J., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Greve, Goetz, HSBA Hamburg School of Business Administration gGmbH, Germany
- Grewal, Dhruv, Babson College, USA
- Guan, Chong, Singapore University of Social Sciences, Singapore
- Gummesson, Evert, Stockholm University, Sweden
- Haugtvedt, Curtis P., The Ohio State University, USA
- Hennig-Thurau, Thorsten, Bauhaus-University of Weimar, Germany
- Howell, Roy, Texas Tech University, USA
- Hui, Michael K.M., Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Kumar, V., Georgia State University, USA
- Leckenby, John D., University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Lee, Kam-Hon, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Liang, Xiaobei, Tongji University, China
- Magno, Francesca, Università degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
- Malhotra, Naresh K., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Mattsson, Jan, Roskilde University, Denmark
- McKee, Daryl, Louisiana State University, USA
- Morgan, Robert M., University of Alabama, USA
- O'Guinn, Thomas C., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Parasuraman, A. "Parsu", University of Miami, USA
- Peterson, Robert A., University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Phelps, Joseph E., University of Alabama, USA
- Piercy, Nigel, The University of Warwick, UK
- Reibstein, David J., University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Reid, Leonard N., University of Georgia, USA
- Rodríguez-Molina, Miguel A., University of Granada, Spain
- Ryan, Patricia, Macquarie University, Australia
- Samiee, Saeed, University of Tulsa, USA
- Sawhney, Mohanbir S., Northwestern University, USA
- Spekman, Robert E., University of Virginia, USA
- Srivastava, Rajendra, Emory University, USA
- Stewart, David, University of Southern California, USA
- Vilcassim, Naufel J., London Business School, UK
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Ward, Scott, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Yadav, Manjit S., Texas A&M University, USA
- Yusuf, Farhat, Macquarie University, Australia
- Zwick, Rami, University of California, Riverside, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Better Bollywood nights
1 September, 2022
A study published in the International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising has looked at how online rates affect box office takings with respect to Bollywood movies. Bollywood is, as most fans of cinema will know, a portmanteau of the words Bombay and Hollywood, it is an umbrella term for the Hindi-language movie industry based in Mumbai (formerly Bombay). The industry is an artistic and economic powerhouse, making several hundred films a year which represents the biggest contribution to the vast Indian movie industry as a whole. Girish Taneja and Anu Bala of the Department of Commerce and Business Management at DAV University in Jalandhar, Punjab, India, point out that there is a wide range of factors that influence whether or not a particular movie becomes popular and makes good takings at the "box office" [...]More details...
10 November, 2022
How companies make the most of their presence on social media has lagged behind growth in the very technology they use, according to work published in the International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising. Mathupayas Thongmak of Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand, has looked at Facebook post engagement across nine brand categories, including food, fashion, electronics, and telecommunications services, in Thailand. Fundamentally, despite various brands employing different strategies, the most successful were essentially those that entertained visitors to the brand page. While Facebook was not the first online social networking site, it is the most widely used worldwide with almost 3 billion active monthly users by the third quarter of 2022. That's approximately 3/8ths of the world's population. Such numbers represent a large commercial market that a brand might access through the network. Thongmak points out that globalisation has increased the level of competition between international brands and local brands, but consumers have different opinions on each and so a different response to social media activity from those brands. There has been little research so far to investigate the disparities [...]More details...
International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising indexed by Clarivate's Emerging Sources Citation Index
5 December, 2022
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to report that the International Journal of Internet Marketing and Advertising has been indexed by Clarivate's Emerging Sources Citation Index.
Prof. Jesús Garcia-Madariaga, the journal's Editor in Chief, says, "IJIMA's inclusion in ESCI is a quality marker for “editorial rigor and best practice at a journal level”, and also an important milestone on the way to being added to the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI) and receiving an impact factor. I would like to thank IJIMA's authors and readers for the trust they have placed in the journal. Congratulations and thanks also go to IJIMA's editorial board, led by its executive and associate editors, for their hard work in getting IJIMA off the ground and publishing the high-quality issues that have led to this significant milestone."