International Journal of Intelligent Defence Support Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Suresh Chandra Satapathy
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIDSS proposes and fosters discussion on the development of novel computational intelligence techniques and their application to support systems used by defence personnel. The scope of application covers strategic, tactical and operational decision-making across the entire defence sector, covering areas such as intelligence gathering and analysis, capability assessment, tactics modelling and evaluation and logistics management as well as military systems integration and both semi-autonomous and autonomous systems.
Topics covered include
- Agent-based systems
- Machine learning
- Situation awareness
- Reasoning models
- Human/agent teams
- Cognitive modelling
- Experimental design
- Behaviour modelling
- Knowledge management
- Systems of systems
- Data mining
The objectives of IJIDSS are to establish an effective channel of communication between defence researchers. It also aims to develop a synergy between academic and defence research. In this regard, the journal will provide academic researchers with interesting and challenging applications to focus their research activities. Defence researchers will be kept up to date with the latest advances in computational intelligence.
IJIDSS provides a vehicle to help defence personnel, policy makers and both defence and academic researchers with an interest in intelligent defence support systems, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJIDSS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Defence and Computational Intelligence will occasionally be published.
- Jain, Lakhmi C., University of Technology Sydney, Australia
Editor in Chief
- Satapathy, Suresh Chandra, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, India
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Vivek, Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay, India
- Banks, Sheila B., Calculated Insight, USA
- Bianchini, Monica, Università degli Studi Di Siena, Italy
- Boicu, Mihai, George Mason University, USA
- Cook, Stephen, University of South Australia, Australia
- Finn, Anthony, University of South Australia, Australia
- Jarvis, Dennis, Central Queensland University, Australia
- Jarvis, Jacqueline, Central Queensland University, Australia
- Kalawsky, Roy S., Loughborough University, UK
- Katarzyniak, Radosław, Wrocław University of Technology, Poland
- Lambert, Dale A., Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Martin, Noel, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Montani, Stefania, Università del Piemonte Orientale, Italy
- Moraitis, Pavlos, Paris Descartes University, France
- Mumford, C.L., Cardiff University, UK
- O'Shea, James D., Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Ogiela, Marek R., AGH University of Science & Technology, Poland
- Phillips-Wren, Gloria, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Scholz, Jason, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Senthilkumar, Sukumar, Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Sharma, Dharmendra, University of Canberra, Australia
- Stytz, Martin R., Institute for Defense Analyses, USA
- Sunde, Jadranka, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Swierkowski, Leszek, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Teisseire, Maguelonne, LIRMM, France
- Teodorescu, Horia-Nicolai, Technical University, Romania
- Tolk, Andreas, SimIS Inc., USA
- Urlings, Pierre, Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia
- Van Der Wal, Ariën J., Netherlands Defence Academy, Netherlands
- Watada, Junzo, Waseda University, Japan
- Zaidi, Abbas K., George Mason University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.