International Journal of Environmental Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Yung-Tse Hung
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJEE is an interdisciplinary and refereed journal, a think tank that fosters environmental protection and innovative solutions to ensure healthy, safe and efficient industrial operations. It promotes feasible system design, development and management, bringing together sustainable technologies, people and sound processes. It provides cross-learning between various scientific, technological, business and economics disciplines such as agriculture, fisheries, transportation, oil and gas, mining, metallurgy, and areas of conflict, taking into account environmental, health and safety, and other issues of public concern.
Topics covered include
- Nature and environment
- Human activities and intelligence, artificial intelligence, knowledge-based systems
- Air, water and land pollution
- Toxic and radioactive pollution
- Water supply and resources
- Agriculture and fisheries
- Oil and gas, mining and metallurgy
- Industrial processing
- Resources management and processing
- Areas of conflict
- Environmental technologies, including information technologies
- Health and safety, risk assessment and management
- Marketing and economics
- Engineering innovations, development and technical solutions
The aim of IJEE is to provide an international forum for academics, industry leaders, and policy makers to investigate and exchange novel ideas and disseminate knowledge and information covering the broad range of natural systems and industrial activities and fields including, but not limited to, environmental science and engineering, resources management and engineering, processing, earth sciences, economics, engineering, information technologies, management, medicine, and the arts. In addition, it aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex set and behaviour of natural systems and operations. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the fields of environmental systems protection, natural science, health and safety, production, and processing. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating ecological and technological advances in all industries and the global society and economy. The ultimate objective is to ensure healthy human activities, natural industrial operations, and society progress and evolution.
IJEE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of environmental engineering dealing with various human activities and industrial operations such as agriculture, fisheries, transportation, oil and gas, mining, metallurgy, processing, and conflicts, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJEE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Environmental Engineering will occasionally be published.
IJEE is indexed in:
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJEE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Hung, Yung-Tse, Cleveland State University, USA
- Abdel Rahman, Rehab O., Atomic Energy Authority of Egypt, Egypt
- Al-Jubouri, Sama M., University of Baghdad, Iraq
- Al-Khatib, Issam A., Birzeit University, Palestine
- Aziz, Hamidi Abdul, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Gupta, Sudhir Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Salman, Hana, Tishreen University, Syrian Arab Republic
- Sato, Chikashi, Idaho State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abu-Reesh, Ibrahim M., Qatar University, Qatar
- Al-Mutairi, Nayef Z., Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Coury, José Renato, Universidade Federal de São Carlos, Brazil
- Elkhatib, Elsayed Ahmed, Alexandria University, Egypt
- Fehr, Manfred, Federal University, Brazil
- Ghazy, S.E., Mansoura University, Egypt
- Kabdasli, Isik, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Kuo, Chin Y., Cleveland State University, USA
- Latiff, Hj. Ab. Aziz bin Abdul, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM), Malaysia
- Liu, Clark C. K., University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA
- Singh, R. K, Konkan Agriculture University, India
- Tang, Don Tsye-Lang, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency , USA
- Yeh, Ruth Yu-Li, Ming Hsin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Yuan, Pao-Chiang, Jackson State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.