International Journal of Digital Culture and Electronic Tourism
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Rosa Lombardi
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
In the knowledge economy, culture, sports, tourism and other entertainment-sector organisations play important roles in the digitalisation challenge. The digital revolution and Industry 4.0 require changes from these organisations to increase stakeholder engagement in decision-making processes. Current technological/quantitative approaches to information technology provide an insufficient understanding of implications, which require profound analysis of digital technologies' impact. IJDCET fills this gap, fostering dialogue over how such businesses can achieve integrated and renewed approaches emphasising content, context and sustainable business models.
Topics covered include
- Accounting, finance, organisation, corporate governance, management (e.g. cultural, entertainment and sports industries, digital companies)
- Intellectual capital, intangible assets (e.g. sports, cultural, tourism and entertainment sectors)
- Corporate strategy, digital business models, decision making processes
- Digital culture, digital society, corporate disclosure
- Digital transformation, digital revolution, Industry 4.0, smart technologies
- CSR, business ethics, stakeholder engagement, sustainable business models
- Management control systems, performance (e.g. cultural, entertainment and sport industries, digital companies, traditional companies, SMEs)
- Business (e)valuation, business evaluation, business networks (e.g. cultural, entertainment and sports industries; digital and web companies; traditional companies, web vs. traditional organisations)
- Sports, entertainment and cultural industries, sport law
- Intellectual property rights, e-branding, innovations
- ICTs in cultural institutions and tourism companies
- Cultural heritage, digital culture, e-tourism
- e-Books, digital libraries, e-entertainment, info-cultural-tainment
- Networks, social network analysis, social media
The main aims of IJDCET are to:
- illustrate the impact of digital technologies on enhancing the cultural and/or tourist experience, due to the digital evolution of consumer culture.
- outline business opportunities and new business models of digital technology adoption for organisations, focusing on cultural institutions (e.g. museums, schools, universities, libraries, churches, television, print media) and tourist companies (e.g. accommodation companies, travel agencies, tour operators, transport companies).
Academics, researchers, business consultants, business engineers, cultural institutions managers, tourist companies managers. Online libraries supplying students, academics and researchers.
IJDCET publishes original research papers, literature reviews, conceptual papers, reports, case studies, book reviews and practitioner observations about innovative ideas, providing significant results and reviews regarding the topics of the journal. Short communications will also be considered, and should be marked as such when submitting. Special Issues devoted to important topics will be published occasionally.
IJDCET is indexed in:More indexes...
IJDCET is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Lombardi, Rosa, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Mancini, Daniela, University of Teramo, Italy
- Matera, Pierluigi, Link Campus University, Italy
- Principale, Salvatore, University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy
- Comuzzi, Eugenio, University of Udine, Italy
- Dumay, John, Macquarie University, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Aureli, Selena, University of Bologna, Italy
- Bechter, Clemens, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Belyaeva, Zhanna S., Ural Federal University, Russian Federation
- Blomkvist, Marita, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Caputo, Andrea, University of Trento, Italy and University of Lincoln, UK
- Cardoni, Andrea, University of Perugia, Italy
- Del Vecchio, Pasquale, University of Salento, Italy
- Dicuonzo, Grazia, University of Bari Aldo Moro, Italy
- Dominici, Gandolfo, Business Systems Laboratory and University of Palermo, Italy
- Mohd. Noor, Faridah Noor, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Pérez, Albert Pol Miró, University of Vic, Spain
- Rodríguez Bolívar, Manuel Pedro, University of Granada, Spain
- Sabelfeld, Svetlana, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Shams, Riad, Northumbria University, UK
- Siggia, Dario, European Parliament, Belgium
- Stokes, Peter, De Montfort University, UK
- Tavana, Madjid, La Salle University, USA
- Vallejo-Martos, Manuel Carlos, University of Jaén, Spain
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Weber, Yaakov, College of Management, Israel
- Zarone, Vincenzo, University of Pisa, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.