International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Fei Yin
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCMSSE provides a blend of theoretical and applied study of computational materials science and surface engineering. Its scope includes original contributions on materials science and engineering, surface engineering, and computational methods of modelling, simulation and prediction for designing materials and structures at all length scales. The journal aims to address solutions to current engineering problems in which computational materials science and surface engineering methods must be applied, and to publish state-of-the-art reviews of current problems that will stimulate research.
Topics covered include
- Statistical/artificial intelligence methods, numerical techniques
- Expert systems, genetic algorithms, neural networks
- Process system design, engineering/materials/technological design
- Mould flow analysis, modelling behaviour of materials
- Materials/engineering databases
- Computer-aided materials selection/design/manufacturing
- Computer-integrated material processing
- Computer-aided learning/teaching
- Casting, powder metallurgy, welding, sintering, plastic deformation
- Heat, thermo-mechanical/chemical treatment
- Thin/thick coatings and other surface treatment methods
- Advanced manufacturing technology, machining, laser/electron beam treatment
- Nanomaterials synthesis, nano/micromanufacturing/technology
- Electronic packaging technology, quality assessment, green manufacturing
- Societal and educational implications
- Statistical methods
- Artificial intelligence methods
- Expert systems
- Genetic algorithms
- Neural networks
- Numerical techniques
- Process system design
- Mould flow analysis
- Engineering design
- Technological design
- Materials design
- Modelling of behaviour of materials
- Materials and engineering databases
- Computer-aided materials selection
- Computer-aided materials design
- Computer-aided manufacturing
- Computer-integrated material processing
- Computer-aided learning and teaching
Manufacturing and processing of materials:
- Powder metallurgy
- Plastic deformation
- Heat treatment
- Thermo-mechanical treatment
- Thermo-chemical treatment
- Thin and thick coatings and other methods of surface treatment
- Advanced manufacturing technology
- Laser treatment
- Electron beam treatment
- Processes for nanomaterials synthesis
- Nanomanufacturing and nanotechnology
- Electronic packaging technology
- Quality assessment
- Green manufacturing
- Surface engineering
- Societal and educational implications
More on this journal...
The objective of the IJCMSSE is to establish an effective channel of communication between academic and research institutions and persons concerned with industrial research supported by practical application. It also aims at promoting and coordinating developments in the field of computational materials science and computational surface engineering by publishing original scientific papers which describe computer-aided methods of modelling, simulation and prediction for designing new engineering materials and the technological processes of the manufacturing in materials that are used for solving problems posed by materials and surface engineering professionsals, industrial managers and administrators, and technical education personnel.
IJCMSSE is intended for a broad audience such as research professionals, scientists, academics, engineers, policy-makers, managers and students in the field of materials science and engineering, materials processing technologies and surface engineering.
IJCMSSE is a fully refereed, international journal, providing an international forum and an authoritative source of information in the field of computational materials science and surface engineering. It publishes primarily invited original high quality research and review papers, and features progress reports, short communications, technical reports, case studies, management reports, conference reports, and book reviews. IJCMSSE periodically also publishes special issues devoted to developments in important topics including selected scientific conference proceedings.
IJCMSSE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJCMSSE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Hua, Lin, Wuhan University of Technology, China
Editor in Chief
- Yin, Fei, Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Liu, Xinhua, Beijing University of Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Attia, Helmi, Aerospace Manufacturing Technology Centre, Canada
- Chen, Xun, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Han, Xinghui, Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Hu, Shan, Purdue University, USA
- Hussain, Mohammed Sakhawat, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Jian, Jie, Purdue University, USA
- Kang, Zhuo, Beijing University of Science and Technology, China
- Liu, Yanxiong, Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Liu, Zhiwei, Xi'an Jiaotong University, China
- Ma, Fengcang, University of Shanghai for Science and Technology, China
- Nian, Qiong, Arizona State University, USA
- Qian, Dongsheng, Wuhan University of Technology, China
- Sui, Dashan, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Sun, Dongke, South East University, China
- Wang, Kun, Alfred University, USA
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wang, Xiaoqing, Jacksonville State University, USA
- Wang, Yiyu, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
- Xiao, Yang, Purdue University, USA
- Xu, Rong, Stanford University, USA
- Ye, Han, Nanchang University, China
- Yilbas, Bekir Sami, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Zhou, Junjie, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Hair today – New polymer composites
27 September, 2019
Materials scientists are always on the look out for new composites, materials comprising two or more different substances that combine to bring together the useful properties of each component and to overcome the limitations of any. Moreover, some composites might also work synergistically so that the useful properties of one component enhance those of the other and vice versa. Often, computation and modelling can be used to work out the likely outcomes of combining certain components. New research published in the International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering, reveals a mathematical model that can be used to optimize a novel composite for tensile strength. The composite is made from the synthetic polymer, polyester, and human hair as a reinforcing component [...]More details...
International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering Board Member wins national award
24 January, 2019
Prof. Yanxiong Liu, one of the Editorial Board Members of the International Journal of Computational Materials Science and Surface Engineering, is the second person-in-charge of the project "The Technology and Equipment of Combined Fine Blanking Process For High Precision and High strength Mid-Thick Plate Structural Components", which recently won Second Prize in the 2018 National Technological Invention Award.
The series of innovative achievements of the project has promoted the transformation and upgrading of mid-thick plates from blank production to precision manufacturing, thus greatly increasing the precision performance and production efficiency of mid-thick plate structural components, improving the working environment of workers, and achieving high-quality, highly efficient and green manufacturing.
More details are available here.