International Journal of Corporate Governance
- Editors in Chief
- Prof. Han Donker, Dr. Saif Zahir
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJCG is a peer reviewed international journal publishing high quality, original manuscripts that analyse issues related to corporate governance. Contributions can be of a theoretical or empirical nature. IJCG targets scholars from both academia and the business community. Papers examine emerging trends in corporate governance and fast-changing concerns faced by companies from a comprehensive range of areas. Papers that apply financial regulations and organisational behaviour to corporate governance issues are also welcome.
Topics covered include
- Structures, codes and control; theory of the firm
- Financial distress and corporate recovery
- Shareholder activism/rights; voting rights, proxy/e-voting, proxy solicitation
- Corporate ownership structures, corporate restructuring
- Minority-majority shareholder conflict; investor/creditor protection
- Role of board committees and board of directors
- Board nomination, composition and performance
- Managerial behaviour, managerial entrenchment
- Incentive structures, executive compensation plans
- Agency issues, corporate contracting
- Business and financial ethics, corporate social responsibility
- Corporate law and securities law, (financial) (de)regulation
- Insider trading, conflicts of interests; institutional investor behaviour
- Financial reporting, disclosure, transparency, information asymmetry
- (Hostile) takeovers, market for corporate control/defences
The principal object of IJCG is to create a venue for academicians and scholars in the field of corporate governance where they can disseminate their research and study ideas, thoughts, and empirical findings to the business community as well as to academia.
The main readership of IJCG will be academic institution professors, researchers, graduate student, and business executives. The readership spectrum will also include: experts (consultants) in corporate governance, financial economists, legal practitioners, scholars in accounting, regulators, corporate management, and business professionals.
IJCG publishes original papers, review papers, book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in corporate governance will occasionally be published.
IJCG is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
IJCG is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editors in Chief
- Donker, Han, Central Washington University, USA
- Zahir, Saif, University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
Regional Editor China and Southeast Asia
- Liu, Chunhui, Shantou University, China
Regional Editor India and Southeast Asia
- Dayanandan, Ajit, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
Regional Editor Middle East
- Trabelsi, Samir, Brock University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Bae, Kee-Hong, Queen's University, Canada
- Bebchuk, Lucian, Harvard Law School, USA
- DeJong, Doug, University of Iowa, USA
- Faccio, Mara, Purdue University, USA
- Goergen, Marc, IE Business School, Madrid, Spain
- Hill, Jennifer, University of Sydney, Australia
- Jaffe, Jeffrey, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Jong, Abe de, RSM Erasmus University, Netherlands
- Kraakman, Reinier, Harvard Law School, USA
- Li, Kai, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Macey, Jonathan, Yale Law School, USA
- McCahery, Joseph, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Shank, Corey A., Miami University, USA
- Sipic, Toni, Central Washington University, USA
- Thomsen, Steen, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Thorburn, Karin, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, USA
- Zhang, Guochang, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.