International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology
- Executive Editor
- Prof. Emeritus Lorna Uden
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 0.6
IJWET is a refereed international journal providing a forum and an authoritative source of information in the fields of web engineering and web technology. It is devoted to innovative research in the analysis, design, development, use, evaluation and teaching of web-based systems, applications, sites and technologies.
Topics covered include
- Requirements specification/analysis, design methods/models
- Architectural/design/navigation patterns, pattern mining, reuse, integration
- Application frameworks/architectures, processes, methodologies, testing
- Integration with legacy systems, migration of legacy systems to Web environments
- Managing system evolution/maintenance; performance monitoring, evaluation metrics
- Internet of Things [IoT] development and business models for IoT-based applications
- Service oriented computing and privacy protection/security issues in the IoT
- Web knowledge management, web agents, advanced hypermedia
- [Mobile] web services, service-based approaches; e-commerce and e-business
- Web engineering for wireless platforms
- User interface design issues, customisation/personalisation
- Web standards, usability, universal accessibility, Semantic Web
- Big data and knowledge management/innovation
- Big data theoretical development and business models of big data applications
- Social networks and network security
IJWET aims to provide an interdisciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas concerning theoretical, technical, practical, social and pedagogical issues, and to publish research of the highest quality and significance. It focuses on the evolution of the software engineering process and dedicated technologies, methods and models for web applications. It addresses all aspects from conception, analysis and design to implementation, performance evaluation and continued maintenance.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJWET publishes original papers, case studies, technical reports, conference reports, educational approaches, book reviews, commentaries and news items. All papers, case studies and educational approaches will undergo a rigorous peer review process.
IJWET is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Database (Gale)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJWET is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Uden, Lorna, Staffordshire University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Baez, Marcos, University of Trento, Italy
- Basso, Fábio Paulo, Universidade Federal do Pampa, Brazil
- Carvalho, Darlinton Barbosa Feres, Universidade Federal de São João del-Rei, Brazil
- Frasincar, Flavius, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Gan, Keng Hoon, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Karabatis, George, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), USA
- Koliver, Cristian, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina , Brazil
- Koloniari, Georgia, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Kondylakis, Haridimos, Foundation of Research & Technology-Hellas (FORTH), Greece
- Lau, Eric Kin Wai, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Marrara, Stefania, Consorzio C2T, Italy
- Moreno García, María N., University of Salamanca, Spain
- Rossi, Gustavo, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- Varlamis, Iraklis, Harokopio University of Athens, Greece
- Vassilakis, Costas, University of Peloponnese , Greece
- Veijalainen, Jari, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Viviani, Marco, University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- Wang, Xianzhi, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Zelenkov, Yuri, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russian Federation
- Zhu, Mingzhu, Apple Inc, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Modular news gathering
9 April, 2021
The use of small processing modules can significantly reduce overheads on computing systems with limited resources available to them when large amounts of data must nevertheless be processed. Research by a team in Greece described in the International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology shows how that approach can be used for content aggregation, information extraction, sentiment tagging, and visualisation tasks [...]More details...