International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Gandolfo Dominici
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.0 (2019)
The world of electronic marketing is continuously evolving. Marketing theories and practices must adapt to these new technological and social scenarios. IJEMR addresses this evolution by analysing new theories and practices as they emerge with particular focus on electronic retailing. Current technological and quantitative approaches to e-marketing, treating consumer relations as a database problem, are insufficient for a deeper understanding of the implications of this evolution. IJEMR fills this gap, fostering new cutting-edge approaches to e-marketing, e-consumers and e-tailing.
Topics covered include
- Advances in e-marketing, applications
- Internet of things
- Smart technologies and mobile marketing
- Big data management
- Customer participation and value co-creation
- Service marketing
- Consumer ethnography and netnography
- Supply chain management
- Channel management, e-tailing
- Innovation/product development
- Marketing strategies and management
- Consumer behaviour
- Customer relationship management
- Social media marketing
- Security/privacy, ethics/legal issues
The objectives of IJEMR are to attract and publish original theoretical and practical manuscripts from academics and professionals from all disciplines regarding a wide range of contemporary issues in e-marketing and e-tailing. The aims of the journal are to disseminate knowledge, provide a learned reference in the field and facilitate communication between academics, research experts and executives. IJEMR favours qualitative studies but does not preclude any methodologies and is open to any conceptually rigorous approach.
Academics, researchers, professionals, and executives engaged in e-marketing and retailing.
IJEMR publishes cutting edge, high-quality and original results, methodologies, theories, concepts, models and applications from academicians, researchers and professionals on any aspect of electronic marketing and retailing. Special Issues devoted to important topics will be published occasionally
IJEMR is indexed in:More indexes...
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJEMR is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Dominici, Gandolfo, Business Systems Laboratory and University of Palermo, Italy
- Bechter, Clemens, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Caputo, Francesco, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
- Di Fatta, Davide, University of Palermo, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Alarcón-del-Amo, María del Carmen, University of Murcia, Spain
- Basile, Gianpaolo, Business Systems Laboratory, Italy
- Ersoy, Nezihe Figen, Anadolou University, Turkey
- Gajewska, Teresa, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Healy, Jason, National College of Ireland, Ireland
- Heydari, Nastaran Haji, University of Tehran, Iran
- Kaufmann, Hans Rüdiger, University of Applied Management Studies Mannheim and University of Nicosia, Germany
- Kumar, Ashish, Aalto University, Finland
- Löbler, Helge, University of Leipzig, Germany
- Matić, Matea, University of Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Ourahmoune, Nacima, KEDGE Business School, France
- Pace, Stefano, Kedge Business School, France
- Pagani, Margherita, EMLyon Business School, France
- Rashid, Tahir, University of Salford, UK
- Rezaei, Sajad, Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Rinallo, Diego, Kedge Business School, France
- Roma, Paolo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Scozzese, Giancarlo, University for Foreigners of Perugia, Italy
- Skarzauskiene, Aelita, Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania
- Vernuccio, Maria, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
19 January, 2021
Exploiting nostalgia is a well-worn emotive approach to enticing customers to purchase a product or service. New work in the International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, has looked at how a person's character affects whether or not they are susceptible to what is commonly referred to as nostalgia marketing. One of the main findings from the work is that given a high-quality product nostalgia marketing will be successful even given a concomitant high price, the team has found [...]More details...