Calls for papers
International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy
ICCSEMS-2020: Special Issue on: "Artificial Intelligence, Signal Processing and Mechatronics for Smart Energy Systems"
Dr. Sukumar Kamalasadan, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
Dr. K.S. Sujatha, J.S.S. Academy of Technical Education Noida, India
Dr. Anuradha Tomar, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Mrs. R. Sandhiya, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India
On the journey to the smarter, greener technologies and a sustainable planet, there is a keystone area that is being setting up the framework for everything else which is smart energy. The smart energy system, supported by new devices like smart meter, offers us a way not only to manage rising energy demand and changing energy use patterns, but also to integrate new technologies while helping to limit environmental and cost impacts. Smart energy system manages power demand in reliable and economic manner by detecting and reacting to local changes in usage. The infrastructure comprises of smart meters, appliances, and resources with a combination of modern technologies like, control, power, instrumentation and communication. In such a complex scenario, Artificial Intelligence, signal processing and Mechatronics techniques are essential to understand, plan, design and operate Smart energy systems.Subject Coverage
Suitable topics include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Resilient/adaptive grid infrastructures design, planning, operation and management
- Electrical Machines and Industrial Drives
- Power Electronics Converters
- active power filters
- power quality monitoring and performance enhancement
- Demand Response
- Resilient Control Architectures and Systems for Smart Energy Systems
- Renewable energy, wind, solar, fuel cells and distributed generation within microgrids
- Energy Storage Technologies and Systems
- Transportation Electrification and Electric Vehicles Smart Home, Smart Mobility and Smart Community
- Computational intelligence and optimization for smart energy systems
- Smart metering, measurement, instrumentation, and control
- Energy efficiency
- Information, security and privacy for smart energy systems
- Sensors, communications and network
- IoT technologies and wireless sensor networks for smart cities.
- Applications, business and social issues for smart cities Intelligent Control Techniques
- Signal processing architectures, algorithms, and applications
- Green technologies in information, computing, and communication systems Intelligent Computing for hybrid vehicle Computational Mechatronics
- Precision Mechatronics
- Noise Control
- Robotic Automation and Control
- Manufacturing and Production Processes Renewable Energy System Design
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written and if appropriate written permissions have been obtained from any copyright holders of the original paper).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All papers must be submitted online. To submit a paper, please read our Submitting articles page.
If you have any queries concerning this special issue, please email Dr. K.S. Sujatha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manuscripts due by: 15 November, 2020
Notification to authors: 6 February, 2021
Final versions due by: 6 April, 2021