| Editors in Chief: Dr. Henri Christiaans, Prof. Dr. Ir. Paulien M. Herder, Dr. Ina T. Klaasen |
ISSN online: 1569-1551
ISSN print: 1748-3050
4 issues per year
JDR is an interdisciplinary journal, emphasising human aspects as a central issue of design through integrative studies of social sciences and design disciplines. Originally published as an electronic journal publishing articles including multimedia applications and hence allowing visual knowledge transfer, it is now also available in print.
- Expertise in design
- Design learning strategies and design pedagogy
- Design as a social process
- Gaming and simulation in design
- Designing user interfaces
- The role of visual techniques in the design process
- Design tools
More on this journal...
- To bring together theories, models and actual products from related design areas, including engineering, architecture, industrial design and planning
- To emphasise human aspects as a central issue of design through integrative studies of social sciences and design disciplines
- To offer a platform for high-quality research, theory making, analysis, education, and practice
- To support the dialogue between practitioners and academics, avoiding a purely academic discussion on design science
- To highlight new developments in artifact design
Design is an interdisciplinary and integrative process constituting an intellectual field of thinking and research and a professional field of practice and applied research. Therefore, design research will play one of two roles: (1) the scientific study of the process and the content of design, and (2) the development of methods and tools to enhance the quality of design practice based on the body of knowledge developed by the scientific study. JDR provides knowledge in both areas and helps academics, researchers and professional designers working in the field of design and design engineering to disseminate information and to learn from each otherís work.Contents
JDR publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, notes, and commentaries. Special Issues devoted to important topics in design will occasionally be published.
Browse issuesVol. 11
JDR is indexed in:
JDR is listed in:
Editors in Chief
- Christiaans, Henri, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Herder, Paulien M., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Klaasen, Ina T., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Friedman, Ken, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Henderson, Mark R., Arizona State University, USA
- McMahon, Chris, University of Bath, UK
- Poldma, Tiiu, University of Montreal, Canada
- Akin, Ömer, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Bucciarelli, Louis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Cross, Nigel, The Open University, UK
- Lindemann, Udo, Technical University of Munich, Germany
- Love, Terence, Curtin University of Perth, Australia
- Manzini, Ezio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Roozenburg, Norbert, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Sariyildiz, Sevil, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Subrahmanian, Eswran, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors†is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.