| Editor in Chief: Prof. Laurent Taskin |
ISSN online: 2043-9040
ISSN print: 2043-9032
4 issues per year
IJWI is a fully-refereed multi-disciplinary international journal dedicated to the study of work innovation. It proposes and fosters research and discussion on innovative work practices including new forms of work organisation (such as virtual teams, network organisations, teleworking, learning organisations, flexible and dispersed work, etc.) as well as the so-called innovative work practices and philosophy (such as knowledge management, teamwork, lean management, project-based work, outsourcing, etc.).
- Managing new work practices and innovative workplaces
- Exploring the organisational and social implications of new ways of working
- Exploring the impacts of innovative work practices in terms of control and power
- Managing knowledge in new forms of work organisations
- Exploring the impacts of work innovation on environment, energy and transportation
- Enhancing distributed work through workplace design and ICTs
More on this journal...
The objective of IJWI is to discuss and disseminate the implications of innovative work practices on individuals, organisations, businesses and societies. Also, contributions aiming at questioning the necessity of transforming current work practices take a front rank in IJWI; it is therefore the intention to produce knowledge simultaneously for and on work innovation management. Readership
IJWI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the field of new working practices to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
Innovative work practices are discussed from a multidisciplinary perspective; this involves receptiveness to criticism. IJWI publishes original papers, essays and review papers, both theorical and empirical. It also welcomes critical work addressing social and societal issues related to these innovative work practices.
More on permissions
IJWI is indexed in:
IJWI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Taskin, Laurent, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Ajzen, Michel, Universit Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Assudani, Rashmi H., Xavier University, USA
- Estrada, Martha Corrales, EGADE Business School, Mexico
- Igel, Barbara, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
- Mills, Albert, St Mary's University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Bloomfield, Brian, Lancaster University, UK
- Brasseur, Martine, Universit Paris V Descartes, France
- Butcher-Powell, Loreen, Bloomsburg University, USA
- Castiaux, Annick, University of Namur, Belgium
- Cazal, Didier, IAE, Universit Lille 1, France
- Di Nicola, Patrizio, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Gareis, Karsten, Empirica: Communication and Technology Research, Germany
- Gomez, Pierre-Yves, EMLyon Business School, France
- Harley, Bill, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Heckscher, Charles, Rutgers University, USA
- Jacob, Real, HEC Montral, Canada
- Johnson, Laura C., University of Waterloo, Canada
- Katz, Ralph, Northeastern University and MIT, USA
- Lim, Jasper, Merlien Institute, Singapore
- Nilles, Jack M., University of Southern California, USA
- Peters, Pascale, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Standen, Pete, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Walrave, Michel, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Willmott, Hugh, Cardiff University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.