- Water and life, water in the economy, water/food security
- Marine/freshwater ecosystems, aquatic/coastal biodiversity
- Consumptive/non-consumptive uses of water, recycling/reuse, tourism
- Cultural perceptions and health hazards of water pollution
- Political economy of water, water geopolitics, symbolic dimensions
- Technical/ecological economics analyses of water use, pollution, treatment
- Comparative legal aspects of water resource management
- Agricultural and marine pollution, water degradation, water basin analyses
- Protection/rehabilitation of ground/surface water, sustainable development
- Climate change, hydrology, hydrosystems engineering, desertification
- Public sector strategies for pollution management
- High latitude and altitude hydrology
- New technologies in water monitoring/assessment; adaptation planning
- Innovation in education/professional development; interdisciplinary research
- Impacts of extreme weather/climate on water resources availability
More on this journal...
The objective of IJW is to establish an effective forum for insights and communication between policy-makers, government agencies, citizens, consumer bodies, industry, public authorities and members of academic and research institutions.
Professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers.Contents
IJW publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
Browse issuesVol. 7
IJW is indexed in:
IJW is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Khanbilvardi, Reza M., City University of New York, USA
- Armstrong, Roy, University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
- Asrar, Ghassem, World Meteorological Organization, Switzerland
- Zolina, Olga, Université Joseph Fourier – Grenoble 1 / CNRS, France
Regional Editor Africa
- Salih, Abdin, University of Khartoum, Sudan
Regional Editor Asia
- Duan, Qingyun, Beijing Normal University, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Van Dijk, Meine Pieter, UNESCO-IHE Institute for Water Education, Netherlands
Regional Editor Latin America and Caribbean
- Mesa, Oscar J., Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Colombia
Regional Editor North America
- Hogue, Terri, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Aguilera-Klink, Federico, Universidad de la Laguna (ULL), Spain
- Al-Khudhairy, Delilah, EC Joint Research Centre, Italy
- Gallopin, Gilberto, Argentina
- Jeffrey, Paul, Cranfield University, UK
- Lonergan, Steve, University of Victoria, Canada
- McGlade, Jacqueline, European Environment Agency, Denmark
- McManus, John, University of Miami, USA
- Nauen, Cornelia E., European Commission, Belgium
- Nunes Correia, Francisco, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Portugal
- Pahl-Wostl, Claudia, University of Osnabrück, Germany
- Palsson, Gisli, University of Iceland, Iceland
- Papayannis, Thymio, Med-INA (Mediterranean Institute for Nature and Anthropos), Greece
- Perrings, Charles, University of York, UK
- Pottinger, Lori, International Rivers Network, USA
- Restrepo, Pedro, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, USA
- Ronen, Daniel, Israel Israel Water Commission, Israel
- Rossi, Giuseppe, University of Catania, Italy
- Ruf, Thierry, IRD, France
- Salleh, Ariel, University of Sydney, Australia
- Sorooshian, Soroosh, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Stokes, Kevin, NZ Seafood Industry Council, New Zealand
- Wolf, Aaron T., Oregon State University, USA
- Xu, Zongxue, Beijing Normal University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.