- Advanced traffic management/information systems
- Vehicle-infrastructure integration
- Advanced vehicle control and safety systems
- Mobile/wireless computing
- New technologies for transportation security
- Personal communication devices
- Cooperative driving
- Positioning, mapping, tracking technologies
- Logistics and freight applications
- Vehicle-person identification technologies
- Architecture, interoperability and standards
- Applications/services (telematics, active safety, internet applications, etc)
- Navigation systems, on-board equipment, embedded electronics
- Multimedia broadcasting technologies
- Modelling, testing, simulation, human- machine interaction
More on this journal...
IJVICS aims to highlight how information flow and communication takes place, as well as their interaction, effects and implications between systems and subsystems within the vehicle itself, between the vehicle and other vehicles and between the vehicle and the surrounding environment. Effects of such interaction on the driver, passengers and their safety; the associated environmental implications are also emphasised.Readership
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.Contents
IJVICS publishes papers which represent original research, development and applications, as well as case studies, review papers and technical reports.
IJVICS is indexed in:
IJVICS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Liu, Hongchao, Texas Tech University, USA
- Guofu, Yin, Weinan Normal University, China
- Prasad, K. Venkatesh, Informatics Technologies Research, USA
- Popescu-Zeletin, Radu, Fraunhofer FOKUS, Germany
North American Editor
- Ravani, Bahram, University of California-Davis, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bentley, Peter, Intelligent Transport Systems Australia, Australia
- Blum, Jeremy, The George Washington University, USA
- Briesemeister, Linda, SRI Internatinal, USA
- Eger, Chuck, Global Customer Solutions Operations, USA
- Eskandarian, Azim, George Washington University, USA
- Kano, Sadahiko, Waseda University, Japan
- Kantowitz, Barry, University of Michigan, USA
- Kato, Shin, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Ko, Young-Bae, Ajou University, South Korea, Republic of Korea
- Ozguner, Umit, The Ohio State University, USA
- Sengupta, Raja, University of California-Berkeley, USA
- Ulfarsson, Gudmundur F., University of Iceland, Iceland
- Wang, Yibing, Monash University, Australia
- Zeng, Daniel, University of Arizona, USA
- Zheng, Nanning, Xi'an Jiatong University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.