| Editor in Chief: Dr. M.A. Dorgham |
ISSN online: 1741-5314
ISSN print: 0143-3369
12 issues per year
TR impact factor 2015
[SCI]: 0.757 (5-Year Impact Factor: 0.694)
[94/132 in Engineering, Mechanical, Q3]
[24/32 in transportation Science & Technology, Q3]
IJVD, the journal of vehicle engineering, automotive technology and components, has been established for over a quarter of a century as an international authoritative reference in the field. It publishes the Proceedings of the International Association for Vehicle Design, which is an independent, non-profit-making learned society that exists to develop, promote and coordinate the science and practice of vehicle design and safety.
- Vehicle engineering design
- Automotive technology
- R&D of all types of self-propelled vehicles
- R&D of vehicle components
- Interface between aesthetics and engineering
- Integration of vehicle and components design into the development of complete vehicle systems
- Social and environmental impacts of vehicle design
More on this journal...
IJVD aims to help engineers and applied scientists engaged in vehicle design and research, to contribute to the field, to disseminate technical information, and to learn from each other|s work.Readership
Automotive engineers and academics working in university research and design departments and institutes, and managers, designers, technologists, and research and development engineers working in industry.Contents
IJVD publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, vehicle and component manufacturers| information, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
More on permissions
IJVD is indexed in:
IJVD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Cao, Dongpu, Cranfield University, UK
- Deng, Kevin, Jilin University, China
- Howell, Mark N.W., General Motors Corporation, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Baron, Jay, Centre for Automotive Research, USA
- Benim, A. C., Dsseldorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Botti, Jean, Delphi Corporation, USA
- Chanaron, Jean-Jacques, Groupe ESC Grenoble, France
- Chau, K.T., The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chinaglia, L., Fiat Research Centre, Italy
- Dickmanns, Ernst D., Universitat Der Bundeswehr Munchen, Germany
- Douin, Georges, Renault Group, France
- Fruechte, Roger D., GM R&D and Planning, USA
- Heywood, John B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Hori, Yoichi, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kücükay, Ferit, Technical University of Brunswick, Germany
- Larsen, S.G., Saab Scania Car Division, Sweden
- Michelberger, Pál, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Mitschke, Manfred, TU Braunschweig, Germany
- Nagai, Masao, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
- Onken, Reiner, Universitat der Bundeswehr Munchen, Germany
- Parnière, Paul, France
- Peters, Norbert, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Pischinger, Georg H., FEV Motorentechnik GmbH, Brazil
- Prasad, Priya, US National Academy of Engineering, USA
- Prikhodko, Vjacheslav M., State Technical University - MADI, Russian Federation
- Segel, Leonard, University of Michigan, USA
- Seiffert, U., WiTech Engineering, Germany
- Shahwan, Khaled W., Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), USA
- Slibar, Alfred, Technische Universitt Wien, Austria
- Subic, Aleksandar, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Tomizuka, Masayoshi, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Trigell, Annika Stensson, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wierzibicki, Tomasz, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Winterkorn, Martin, Audi AG, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.