| Editors in Chief: Prof. George Agiomirgianakis, Prof. Konstantinos Andriotis |
ISSN online: 1750-4104
ISSN print: 1750-4090
4 issues per year
IJTP provides a forum for scholars and policy makers to exchange views and ideas at an international level on key issues that shape the growth of today's tourism industry. IJTP takes the view that tourism activity takes place within a socio-cultural, political, economic and environmental context. Therefore, groups involved with tourism need to be sensitive to emerging issues which may affect the industry and future policy-making.
- Advances in tourism policy-making
- Tourism development and planning
- Public administration of tourism development
- Local government role and responses to tourism development
- European Union policies in tourism
- Tourism education and its role in managing tourism development
- Tourism research and methodology
- Terrorism, safety and security in tourism
- Economic/social/environmental/cultural impact of tourism
- Cross-cultural differences
- Sustainable tourism
- Alternative and special forms of tourism
- Industry's role in managing growth
- Future of tourism
- Globalisation and tourism
More on this journal...
IJTP’s key objective is to present the latest multidisciplinary set of views on tourism. It also aims to contribute towards a deeper understanding of international tourism and disseminate this knowledge by providing insights into developments, issues and methods in tourism research essential to theoretical understanding and practice. IJTP will be international in scope and will publish high-quality refereed articles.Readership
The intended readership covers a wide range of groups involved in the tourism industry. IJTP will provide a platform for debate and will contribute towards the dissemination of knowledge amongst academics, researchers, government departments, non-governmental organisations, consultants, policy-makers and planners in the field of tourism.Contents
IJTP publishes theoretical papers, empirical papers, policy-related papers, case studies and book reviews. Special issues of the journal will also be produced in which selected papers from tourism conferences will be published.
More on permissions
IJTP is indexed in:
IJTP is listed in:
Editors in Chief
- Agiomirgianakis, George Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Andriotis, Konstantinos Middlesex University, UK
Book Review Editor
- Pforr, Christof, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
Research Notes Editor
- Stylidis, Dimitrios, Middlesex University London, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Baum, Tom, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Bramwell, Bill, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Cooper, Chris, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Dredge, Dianne, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Font, Xavier, Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Hall, C. Michael, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Jafari, Jafar, University of Wisconsin-Stout, USA
- Jamal, Tazim, Texas A&M University, USA
- Jenkins, John, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Jolliffe, Lee, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Michael, Ewan, La Trobe University, Australia
- Sgro, Pasquale, Deakin University, Australia
- Vaughan, David Roger, Bournemouth University, UK
- Zahra, Anne, Waikato Management School, New Zealand
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.