- Organising technology intelligence, planning, resource allocation, controlling, decision-making processes
- Choosing/using such processes, e.g. core competence analysis, roadmapping, bibliometrics
- Phenomenon of emergent strategies, implications for these processes
- Different management levels (lower/middle/top management), relevance to these processes
- Strategy implementation and these processes
- Entrepreneurial behaviour (promoters, gatekeepers, etc.), implications for these processes
- Strategy development:
- Technology selection, make-or-buy, keep-or-sell decision making
- Technological change and technology decision-making processes
- Impact of technology intelligence/planning/controlling processes on decision making, organisational learning
- Politics, bounded rationality, etc. in technology decision making
- Linking technology strategy to company strategy and functional strategies
- Technological decision making in high-velocity environments
More on this journal...
IJTIP aims to further the development of the field of technology analysis, intelligence, planning and roadmapping. A specific goal is to connect the research done by academics and professionals in the field and to link it to research streams on organisational decision making and learning.
IJTIP disseminates knowledge and establishes channels of communication between policy makers, professionals and experts working in universities, research institutions and industry.Contents
IJTIP publishes original papers, theory-based empirical papers, bibliometrics, review papers, case studies with profound implications for theory, relevant technology intelligence and planning reports, book reviews and research notes. Commentaries on papers and reports published in the journal are encouraged.
IJTIP is indexed in:
IJTIP is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Islam, Nazrul, University of Abertay, UK
- Lichtenthaler, Eckhard, Germany
- Miyazaki, Kumiko, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Radnor, Michael, Northwestern University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Alberti, Fernando, LIUC Universitŗ Cattaneo, Italy
- Antal, Ariane Berthoin, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin, Germany
- Ashton, W. Bradford, Concurrent Technologies Corporation (CTC), USA
- Caldwell, Barrett S., Purdue University, USA
- Chiesa, Vittorio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Cohen, Susan K., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- De Meyer, Arnoud, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Dodgson, Mark, University of Queensland, Australia
- Dou, Henri, University Aix Marseille, France
- Fleisher, Craig S., College of Coastal Georgia, USA
- Gemünden, Hans Georg, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
- Gerybadze, Alexander, Universitšt Hohenheim, Germany
- Guild, Paul, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Herstatt, Cornelius, Technische Universitšt Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Germany
- Kameoka, Akio, Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Kappel, Thomas A., Danfoss Power Electronics, USA
- Klavans, Richard A., SciTech Strategies, Inc., USA
- Lichtenthaler, Ulrich, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Macdonald, Stuart, Sheffield University, UK
- Moehrle, Martin G., Universitšt Bremen, Germany
- Nobeoka, Kentaro, Kobe University, Japan
- Pizzurno, Emanuele, LIUC Universitŗ Cattaneo, Italy
- Prescott, John E., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Probert, David, University of Cambridge, UK
- Reinmöller, Patrick, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Savioz, Pascal, Mageba (Shanghai) Bridge Products Co., Ltd., China
- Tschirky, Hugo, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETHZ), Switzerland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF)†is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.