- Integrating complex meta-systems
- Interoperability, platform integration, system architecture and information technology
- Metropolitan transportation system of systems
- Sustainable development and large scale system of systems integration, e.g. technology, ecosystems, economics, societal aspects
- Satellite technology assisting critical infrastructures operation and secure management
- Homeland security aspects and traceability of large scale logistic systems
- National security as a system of systems conceptualised approach
- Modelling and management in view of extended dimensions and interdependencies, etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJSSE
is to develop the concept, foundations, research directions, and practice implications for systems of systems engineering. Among the goals of the journal are to introduce the nature of the complex systems problems faced by the mega-class of systems of systems, and to explore the perspectives of systems of systems as well as their engineering and management standpoint.
IJSSE aims to establish an effective channel of communication between various types of actors currently involved in using the systems thinking and systems engineering approaches at a different scale of applicability and complexity, namely policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of science, engineering, economics, living systems, organisational bodies, information and communication technologies, agriculture and emerging aspects related by the new risks and vulnerabilities to which these complex and sophisticated systems are prone to be exposed. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of agricultural resources.
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome methodological and interdisciplinary barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy, and the needs for tools, analytical instruments and adequate approaches under the current developments of supercomputers, agent based models, data warehousing, etc.
IJSSE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, engineering, ecologists and policy makers, working in the field of systems science, information technology as well as in the science of complexity analysis and management, to identify new approaches, assessment solutions and non-typical approaches to a new generation of problems related to high level interdependencies among, for example, critical infrastructures, economy and commerce, natural sciences and the possible advent of profound technical and climate changes. IJSSE aims to disseminate information and to assure knowledge transfer among various fields of theoretical developments and application areas, which are today high on the agenda of work and needed solutions.Contents
IJSSE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in complexity engineering, interdependencies among vital systems, technology management and systems of systems engineering solutions will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJSSE is indexed in:
IJSSE is listed in:
- Gheorghe, Adrian V., Old Dominion University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Apostolakis, George, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Haimes, Yacov, University Of Virginia, USA
- Handley, Holly, Old Dominion University, USA
- Keating, Charles, Old Dominion University, USA
- Kroger, Wolfgang, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) Zurich, Switzerland
- Kryazhimskii, Arkadii, International Institute Applied Systems Analysis, IIASA, Austria
- Masera, Marcelo, Institute for the Security and Protection of the Citizen, Italy
- Okada, Norio, Kyoto University, Japan
- Paté-Cornell, M. Elisabeth, Stanford University, USA
- Setola, Roberto, Universit Campus Bio-Medico Di Roma, Italy
- Shebalin, Paul, Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Shi, Peijun, Beijing Normal University, China
- Sokolowski, John A., Old Dominion University, USA
- Vamanu, Dan, 'Horia Hulubei' National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Romania
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.