- Major role of standardisation in the IT industry
- Standardisation of/for services
- Service learning standards/research
- Quality services, information quality standards
- Service standards/warranty/guarantees
- Trading standards, service standards initiatives
- P3P and privacy, W3C and standards, computer standards/interfaces
- Strategy for client-sensitive service standards
- IT and service standards management/management standards
- E-procurement, supply chain management
- Service process/standards models, ISO and service standards
- Service standards: where do we go from here?
- Standardisation in e-learning/e-business/e-government
- Accounting standards, service standards for global markets
- Technical, cultural, social and political issues
More on this journal...
IJSS aims to help professionals working in the field of service and standards, academic educators and policy makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work in the area. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
We strongly believe that the area of services and standards is a very dynamic field of study and has real practical implications to the real world. IJSS is an outstanding outlet where services and standards research can take a shape of its own and results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, as well as industry.
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep you ahead and maintain a competitive edge in best practice in service standards
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve great effectiveness and efficiency in service standards development and implementation
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of service standards
- International coverage, which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers, and non-profit organisations.Contents
IJSS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
- High quality papers to keep you at the forefront of the latest thinking and research in service standards.
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate service standards design, development, management and implementation.
IJSS is indexed in:
IJSS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Koong, Kai S., Xidian University, China
- Liu, Lai C., University of Texas – Pan American, USA
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Mashari, Majed, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Barnes, Stuart J., University of East Anglia, UK
- Chansa-ngavej, Chuvej, SIU International University, Thailand
- Chen, Jengchung V., National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Dolinsek, Slavko, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Essounga-Njan, Yvette, Fayetteville State University, USA
- Eyob, Ephrem, Virginia State University, USA
- Flavian, Carlos, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Gurski, Mike, Information and Privacy Comissioner/Ontario, Canada
- Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Hou, Jiang-Liang, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Hughes, Martin, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Irani, Zahir, Brunel University, UK
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kung, Jui-Chang, Cheng Shiu University, Taiwan
- Landry, Brett J. L., University of Dallas, USA
- Lee-Kelley, Liz, Cranfield University, UK
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Liu, Chunhui, University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Love, Peter E.D., Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Nikolopoulos, Konstantinos, University of Manchester, UK
- Ordóñez de Pablos, Patricia, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Owens, Thomas J., Brunel University, UK
- Persic, Milena, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Prybutok, Victor R., University of North Texas, USA
- Punpugdee, Nuttapon, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Savolainen, Taina, University of Joensuu, Finland
- Schneider, Helmut, Louisiana State University, USA
- Seng, Jia-Lang, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
- Smith, Alan D., Robert Morris University, USA
- Trimi, Silvana, University of Nebraska - Lincoln, USA
- Turkyilmaz, Ali, Fatih University, Turkey
- Turowski, Klaus, University of Augsburg, Germany
- Vokurka, Robert J., Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, USA
- Wang, Richard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Wilson, E. Vance, Arizona State University, USA
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.