- High performances, long life cycles, low life cycle costs
- High resource productivity/recyclability/energy efficiency/multifunctionality
- Smart/environmentally-adaptable materials, green composites/materials
- Eco-friendly/biodiversity-natural/healthy/recyclable materials
- Eco/life cycle approaches, incl. policy, standards, regulations
- Alternative material/microstructure control, nanocomposite technologies
- Material/structural reliability/durability, applications
- Life assessment under composite/severe environmental loading
- Intelligent, nature-mimicking, biological, bio/life-inspired materials etc
- Design concepts/technologies, carbon reduction, environment adaption
- Environmental/disaster impact monitoring/control, damage implications
- Risk/vulnerability modelling/quantification/analysis/criteria/decision support
- Structural acoustic/distributed/feedback control, adaptive structural stability
- Sustainable repair/strengthening/rehabilitation/maintenance/management
More on this journal...
The primary goal of IJSMSS is to provide a permanent record of achievement in the science, technology and engineering application of sustainable materials, structures, and infrastructure systems.Readership
IJSMSS is intended for an audience of researchers, educators, practitioners, infrastructure management stakeholders and policy makers world-wide working in developing sustainable materials, structures and infrastructure systems with a background in material, chemical, civil, environmental, aerospace, mechanical, petrochemical, marine and automotive engineering.Contents
The central aim of the IJSMSS is to publish a broad blend of scientific, technical and practical papers, current literature reviews, technical and interpretive notes, brief communications, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in scientific and technological advances, very important case studies and conference reports will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJSMSS is indexed in:
IJSMSS is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Wu, Zhishen, Ibaraki University, Japan and Southeast University, China
- Noori, Mohammad, California Polytechnic State University, USA
- Yuan, Fuh-Gwo, North Carolina State University, USA
- Giurgiutiu, Victor, University of South Carolina, USA
- Keller, Thomas, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Ou, Jinping, Dalian University of Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Balageas, Daniel L., French Aerospace Lab (ONERA), France
- Banthia, Nemkumar, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Bazant, Zdenek P., Northwestern University, USA
- Brownjohn, James M.W., University of Sheffield, UK
- Buyukozturk, Oral, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- De Stefano, Alessandro, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Formisano, Antonio, University of Naples "Federico II", Italy
- Fujino, Yozo, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Ge, Hanbin, Meijo University, Japan
- Ge, Yaojun, Tongji University, China
- Ghasemi, Hamid, Federal Highway Administration, USA
- Hori, Muneo, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Im, Seyoung, Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, KAIST, Republic of Korea
- Kageyama, Kazuro, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Kanehira, Minoru, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Karbhari, Vistasp M., University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
- Kasai, Kazuhiko, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Kim, Jeong-Tae, Pukyong National University, Republic of Korea
- Liang, Yung C., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Li, Hui, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Lu, Zhitao, Southeast University, China
- Lynch, Jerome, University of Michigan, USA
- Maher, Ali, Rutgers University, USA
- Motavalli, Masoud, University of Tehran, ETH Zürich and EMPA - Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Switzerland
- Nie, Jian-Guo, Tsinghua University, China
- Reinhardt, Hans W., University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Rizkalla, Sami H., North Carolina State University, USA
- Spencer, Jr., Bill F., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Sun, Wei, Southeast University, China
- Taerwe, Luc R., Ghent University, Belgium
- Teng, Jin-Guang, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Triantafillou, Thanasis C., University of Patras, Greece
- Wu, Felix, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Wu, Peter, Spirit Aerospace Systems, USA
- Xuhong, Zhou, Lanzhou University, China
- You, Zhong, Oxford University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.