- Human and social computing in living, science, health, culture, government, education, knowledge, learning, commerce, business, education, tourism
- Social networks research, social software
- Collaborative platforms
- Personalisation and adaptation
- Usability studies, interaction design
- Context awareness
- Community computing/community informatics
- Social informatics
- Participatory/cooperative design
- Participatory action research (PAR) methods
- Policy development
- Privacy and security
- Ubiquity and pervasiveness
- Emotional intelligence
- Web 2.0
More on this journal...
The statement above provides the key differentiation of our journal from others and its unique value proposition. IJSHC diffuses knowledge in horizontal and vertical pillars
- On the one hand, we aim to investigate the social and humanistic computing issues in different contexts as illustrated by the human activities eg: living, science, health, culture, education, knowledge, learning, commerce, business, education, construction, etc.
- On the other hand we promote in horizontal lines the different views of social computing by supporting a scientific debate with the participation of the industry for the new kinds of human- and social-centric systems.
IJSHC aims to establish value-adding knowledge transfer and personal development channels in three distinctive areas: Academia, Industry and Government, which summarise the three pillars where a new scientific publication can play a significant role.Contents
IJSHC publishes original research papers providing significant results, and also short communications about innovative ideas and news, announcements and reviews regarding the topics of the journal.
More on permissions
IJSHC is indexed in:
IJSHC is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Yen, Neil Y., The University of Aizu, Japan
- Zefkili, Konstantina N., Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), Greece
- Chen, Mu-Yen, National Taichung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Nakata, Keiichi, University of Reading, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Bardzell, Jeffrey, Indiana University, USA
- Bray, David A., Emory University, USA
- Bruque-Camara, Sebastian, University of Jaen, Spain
- Calvi, Licia, K.U.Leuven, Belgium
- Carroll, John M., The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Chamberlain, Alan, University of Nottingham, UK
- Chen, Chia-Chen, National Chung-Hsing University, Taiwan
- Chen, Ting-Hsuan, National Taichung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Chiang, Hsiu-Sen, National Taichung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Ding, Wenxuan (Amy), University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Dong, Ming, Wayne State University, USA
- Farmer, Rod, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Garcia, Laura Sαnchez, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Brazil
- Hartley, Dick, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Hilty, Lorenz M., Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research (EMPA), Switzerland
- Jones, Nory B., University of Maine, USA
- Liao, Chien Hsiang, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
- Li, Jianqiang, Beijing University of Technology, China
- Merkle, Luiz Ernesto, Universidade Tecnologica Federal do Paraná (UTFPR), Brazil
- Moore, Tony Alex, Drexel University, USA
- Muller, Michael, IBM Research, USA
- Nguyen, Lemai, Deakin University, Australia
- Rasmuissen, Leif Bloch, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Rebman Jr., Carl M., The University of San Diego, USA
- Roibás, Anxo Cereijo, University of Brighton, UK
- Ruth, Alison, Griffith University, Australia
- Scacchi, Walt, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Shanker, Udai, Madan Mohan Malaviya Engineering College, India
- Taneja, Aakash, The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, USA
- Vetere, Frank, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Wang, Bing, University of Hull, UK
- Wu, Chin-Shan, Tunghai University, Taiwan
- Zaphiris, Panayiotis, City University, UK
- Zhou, Lina, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.