- Education and literacy, poverty alleviation strategies
- Diversity, multiculturalism, cross-cultural management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Global/local environmental issues
- Funding social entrepreneur ventures
- Women/minority entrepreneurs, immigrant entrepreneurship
- Social policy and economic issues
- Health, medical, bioethics issues
- Human rights and social service issues
- Economics and sustainability, entrepreneurship and sustainable development
- Role of NGOs and economic development
- Entrepreneurial opportunities for the disabled and the poor
- Technology/social innovation, technology-based social enterprises
- Social challenges and technology innovations
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJSEI are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with complex global social issues and innovation. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the emerging field of social entrepreneurship. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and innovative activities taking place in the global economy.Readership
IJSEI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in all the functional areas of management, social sciences, public administration, NGOs, technology, engineering, and education, and practitioners, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJSEI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, and case studies. Special issues devoted to important topics in social entrepreneurship and innovation will occasionally be published.
IJSEI is indexed in:
IJSEI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Okpara, John O., Bloomsburg Univeristy of Pennsylvania, USA
- Halkias, Daphne, Northcentral University, USA and University of Bergamo, Italy, Greece
- Morfopoulos, Richard, Briarcliffe College - Patchogue, USA
- Harkiolakis, Nicholas, Brunel University, UK
- Thurman, Paul W., Columbia University, USA
Regional Editor Africa
- Nkamnebe, Anayo D., Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria
Regional Editor Asia, Australia and New Zealand
- Vaccarino, Franco A., Massey University, New Zealand
Regional Editor Europe
- Cassia, Lucio, Universitą degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
Regional Editors North and South America
- Grosso, Jean-Luc E., University of South Carolina, USA
- Smith, Teresa L., University of South Carolina, USA
- Adendorff, Chris, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa
- Alderson, Keanon J., California Baptist University, USA
- Alserhan, Baker Ahmad, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Bathala, Chenchuramaiah, Cleveland State University, USA
- Curtis, Timothy, University of Northampton, UK
- De Massis, Alfredo, Universitą degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
- Demirdjian, Z.S., California State University, USA
- Ekonomou, Lambros, A.S.P.E.T.E. School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Greece
- Harper, Timothy, Skidmore College, USA
- Jalajas, David S., Long Island University, USA
- Kabongo, Jean D., University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, USA
- Katsikis, Ioannis N., Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Khatiwada, Ekanath, c/o SNV-The Netherlands Development Organisation, Zambia
- Koveos, Peter E., Syracuse University, USA
- Kuada, John, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Madichie, Nnamdi O., Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Nwajiuba, Chinedum, Building Nigeria's Response to Climate Change (BNRCC), Nigeria
- Prinia, Despina, Hellenic American University, Greece
- Rishi, Meenakshi, Seattle University Albers School of Business and Economics, USA
- Yartey, Charles Amo, International Monetary Fund (IMF), USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.