| Editor in Chief: Prof. Jayantha P. Liyanage |
ISSN online: 1759-9741
ISSN print: 1759-9733
4 issues per year
Engineering assets have acquired very strategic and sensitive business and social roles in modern socio-economical/political/technological settings. Traditionally, 'asset management' implies financial assets. Emerging EAM focuses solely on physical assets, (production/process/manufacturing facilities/plants, infrastructure, support systems), being dedicated to the development/application of engineering/managerial solutions to make physical assets safe, productive, efficient, cost-effective and environmentally-friendly. IJSEAM promotes multidisciplinary thinking/practice, integrating key issues, e.g. economics, engineering, management, regulations, technology, services, data, human and organisation, etc., to create value for stakeholders realising competitive advantage.
- Financial risks/asset investment decisions, life cycle costs/production economics
- Engineering risks, technical integrity, operations management, risk analysis
- Asset maintenance, asset health monitoring/tools/technologies
- Advanced ICTs, data management, decision support technologies
- Systems design, technology selection/application strategies
- Asset modifications/project management, asset performance optimisation
- Work processes, information/knowledge management
- Human factors, organisational issues, human-process-technology interface
- Organisational design, human resource/competence management
- Industrial services/contracts and integrated logistics/supply chain management
- Performance measurement/management, productivity/quality/change management
- Business cases of strategic assets, education
- Regulations/standards for asset management, legal aspects
- Sustainable assets/asset processes, environmental technologies/management
- Global trends/implications, socio-economic aspects
More on this journal...
A good amount of work has now begun to appear from all over the globe focusing on achieving success in Engineering Asset Management. Valuable knowledge has been created, experience has been gathered, and contributions have been made. A considerable amount of resources and expertise have been utilised in finding solutions to realise global leadership and excellence in Engineering Asset Management in various corners of the world. A significant amount of research has been done and novel and innovative solutions have been put into practice. This has brought about a tremendous amount of learning both in terms of research and applications.
is committed to a global purpose of sharing valuable information and promoting knowledge for further progress of the discipline bringing together research and practice. Thus IJSEAM
provides an excellent opportunity for both leading researchers and expert practitioners to communicate their pioneering work to a greater global audience both in academia and industry. Accordingly, IJSEAM
also serves as a major source of reference for those around the world who have a passion about Engineering Asset Management.
IJSEAM serves a wide readership which includes industrial professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers, regulatory bodies, and others who are working in the areas and/or have a passion related to the growing field of Engineering Asset Management. It provides a vehicle to disseminate information, to learn from the pioneering work of experts, to promote understanding and knowledge, and thus to contribute to the professional growth of the discipline.Contents
IJSEAM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports and book reviews, related to engineering asset management. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Engineering Asset Management will occasionally be published.
IJSEAM is indexed in:
IJSEAM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Liyanage, Jayantha P., University of Stavanger, Norway
Regional Editor Asia, Oceania and the Pacific
- Tse, Peter W., City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Regional Editor Europe
- Iung, Benoît, Nancy University, France
Regional Editor North and South America
- Zuo, Ming J, University of Alberta, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Najjar, Basim, Linneaus University, Sweden
- Assadi, Mohsen, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Badurdeen, Fazleena, University of Kentucky, USA
- Bergquist, Bjarne, Luleĺ University of Technology, Sweden
- Crespo Marquez, Adolfo, University of Seville, Spain
- Dwight, Richard, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Emmanouilidis, Christos, C.E.T.I./ATHENA Research & Innovation Centre, Greece
- Garetti, Marco, Politecnico di Milano Technical University, Italy
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linköping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Helander, Martin, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Hendrick, Hal, University of Southern California, USA
- Ito, Teruaki, University of Tokushima, Japan
- Jantunen, Erkki, VTT Technical Research Centre, Finland
- Jardine, Andrew K.S., University of Toronto, Canada
- Kassi, Tuomo Sakari, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Kiritsis, Dimitris, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Kobbacy, Khairy, University of Salford, UK
- Komonen, Kari, VTT Technical Research Centre, Finland
- Koronios, Andy, University of South Australia, Australia
- Kumar, Uday, Luleĺ University of Technology, Sweden
- Mba, David, Cranfield University, UK
- Murthy, D. N. P. (Pra), University of Queensland, Australia
- Naniopoulos, Aristotelis, University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Pintelon, Liliane, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Reyes-Picknell, James V, Conscious Asset Management, Canada
- Rosqvist, Tony, VTT Technical Research Centre, Finland
- Väyrynen, Seppo, University of Oulu, Finland
- Wijnia, Ype, Asset Resolutions, Netherlands
- Woodhouse, John, The Woodhouse Partnership Ltd, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.