- Advanced methods in design, prototyping, manufacturing
- New engineering paradigms/philosophies for advanced engineering design
- Solution methodologies in integrated design/manufacturing
- Principles, applications, implementation strategies/technologies
- Product lifecycle development/analysis for ease of manufacture/assembly
- Geometric modelling/dimensioning/tolerancing, feature-based/parametric design
- Process optimisation, quality, control
- Impact of rapid manufacturing on the design process
- Material/mechanical properties, solidification processes for powder/solids/liquids
- Traditional and rapid prototyping/manufacturing processes/capabilities
- Rapid manufacturing and MEMS, rapid tooling
- Medical applications
- Economic aspects/justification, rapid prototyping/tooling/manufacturing benefits
- Mass customisation, intelligent/lean/agile manufacturing
- Collaborative/web-based engineering, information management, e-commerce
More on this journal...
The objective of IJRapidM is to provide a comprehensive collection of the latest research and technical work in the area of rapid tooling and manufacturing especially in an integrated engineering design environment The main goal is to serve as a resource for both researcher and practitioners.Readership
Individuals with interest in the following are the primary audiences:
- Rapid response manufacturing
- Development life cycle
- Life cycle cost issues
- Mechanical design and materials
- Rapid manufacturing
- Reconfigurable manufacturing
IJRapidM will attempt to bring these topics under the same roof. It is the journal’s goal to gather peer-reviewed research papers that are of interest to this. The contributions made to IJRapidM are expected to be from academic and research institutions, industries and government agencies.
IJRapidM will publish:
- Original full length articles reporting experimental and theoretical research
- Original applications reported with scholarly values
- General survey and critical reviews
- Book reviews
- Occasional Special Issues devoted to important topics in engineering design and rapid manufacturing
IJRapidM is indexed in:
IJRapidM is listed in:
- Wysk, Richard A., North Carolina State University, USA
Editor in Chief
- Kamrani, Ali K., University of Houston, USA
- Al-Ahmari, Abdulrahman M., King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
- Gibson, Ian, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Azimi, Maryam, University of Houston, USA
- Samadi, Hazem, University of Houston, USA
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Bruccoleri, Manfredi, University of Palermo, Italy
- Choobineh, Fred, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA
- Jamshidi, Mo, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Khoshnevis, Behrokh, University of Southern California, USA
- Montreuil, Benoit, Université Laval, Canada
- Salhieh, Sa'Ed M., University of Jordan, Jordan
- Sercombe, Tim, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Stecke, Kathryn E., University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Umeda, Shigeki, Musashi Unversity, Japan
- Usher, John M., Mississippi State University, USA
- Vojdani, Nina, Universitaet Rostock, Germany
- Wilhelm, Micky R., University of Louisville, USA
- Zeid, Abe, Northeastern University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.