- Changing nature of services
- Behaviour of service consumers
- Human factors in the production of services
- Service organisation and management
- International and cross-cultural dimensions
- Ethical and legal environment
- Similarities and differences in services
- Service quality and value
- Marketing of services
- Business and professional services
- Government, community and non-profit services
- Sustainable development
- Innovative approaches to services research
- Multidisciplinary focus of service knowledge
- Miscellaneous issues affecting the service sector
More on this journal...
IJQRS aims to balance the traditional academic bias in favour of quantitative research and the consequent relative lack of platforms available for publishing qualitative research content within the service sector. In addition, many of the extant qualitative research journals are either narrow (e.g., dedicated to qualitative health research) or broad (e.g., qualitative research in social sciences) in focus. In contrast, services constitute a meaningful mid-range category of interest. Qualitative researchers in the services areas have a lot to share, including methodological innovations, challenges in enquiry and updated insights on various common characteristics that distinguish services from goods. Qualitative research findings also provide a mixed methodology and offer quantitative researchers a starting point for the commencement of their studies. Recently, service industry practitioners have also become more receptive to qualitative research. Given this backdrop, the objective of IJQRS is to fill an important unmet gap in the marketplace of knowledge.Readership
The primary readership of IJQRS includes graduate students, faculty and scholars engaged, or having a substantial interest, in services research in the qualitative tradition. Theoreticians rooted in a range of disciplinary areas such as sociology, psychology, and economics as well as multidisciplinary areas such as human services, technology and management studies will find the journal useful. Those researching issues related to different service domain areas such as healthcare, tourism, banking, etc. as well as service practitioners will gain significant benefits from the research published.Contents
IJQRS publishes findings of empirical research in services that employ a wide range of popular and emergent qualitative tools and methodologies. The journal welcomes reports of methodological innovations, papers based on literature reviews and theoretical analysis of associated topics. In addition, it contains 'viewpoint' articles written by experts on significant topics. Occasional special issues on contemporary issues related to qualitative research in service will be published.
This title is not yet published.
IJQRS is indexed in:
IJQRS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- George, Babu P., Alaska Pacific University, USA
- Henthorne, Tony L., University of Nevada, Las Vegas, USA
- Williams, Alvin J., University of South Alabama, USA
- Desai, Purva Hegde, Goa University, India
- Thiru, Yaso, Alaska Pacific University, USA
- Agrusa, Jerome, Hawaii Pacific University, USA
- Chan, Jennifer Kim Lian, Universiti Malaysia Sabah, Malaysia
- Dubey, Jayashree, Indian Institute of Forest Management, India
- Gândara, José Manoel Gonçalves, University of the Balearic Islands, Spain
- Ivanov, Stanislav, International College, Bulgaria
- Jackson, Merv, RMIT University, Australia
- Kabiraj, Sajal, Dongbei University of Finance and Economics, China
- Korstangie, Maximiliano, University of Palermo, Argentina
- Koushik, Dayanand, Goa University, India
- Manwa, Haretsebe, University of Botswana, Botswana
- Nedelea, Alexandru, University Stefan cel Mare Suceava, Romania
- Okech, Roselyne N., Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Osmanbekov, Talai, University of North Arizona, USA
- Ratz, Tamara, Kodolanyi Janos University of Applied Sciences, Hungary
- Reddy, Maharaj Vijay, Bournemouth University, UK
- Schultze, Ulrike, Southern Methodist University, USA
- Srinivas, Hari, Kwansei Gakuin University, Japan
- Vargas Sánchez, Alfonso, Huelva University, Spain
- Yaoyuneyong, Gallayanee, University of Southern Mississippi, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.