- Design/modelling/dynamics/control of engines/transmissions/drivelines
- Energy management strategies for multi-modes of propulsion
- Innovative energy efficient/environment friendly technologies
- Advanced energy conversion, including
- fuel energy conversion, onboard energy storage/generation
- Electric drive systems incl. motors/generators/invertors/power electronics
- Powertrain integration/control/optimisation/diagnostics/prognostics
- Networked systems
- Software development for powertrain control; real-time simulation
- Experimental investigations, model validation
- Component and powertrain-in-the-loop techniques
- Advanced engine technology, advanced techniques in emission reductions
- Analysis/assessment of impact on energy utilisation and environment
More on this journal...
The overarching objective of IJPT is to provide a unique and effective channel within which ground-breaking collaborative research findings in the powertrain area are archived and discussed. The journal will emphasise the potential of advanced emerging powertrain systems to achieve significant improvements in fuel economy, emissions, reliability, durability, drivability, robustness and cost efficiency. The journal will also recognize the rapidly growing complexity of powertrain systems, and the seamless integration between their various hardware and software components. This creates the need for a journal that addresses complex powertrain engineering issues in a synergistic way with emphasis on the potential of innovations in multiple disciplines to pave the road towards novel powertrain architectures and technologies.Readership
IJPT provides a means to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of vehicle and powertrain engineering, analysis, research and development, to disseminate information and exchange views on recent advances in the field.Contents
IJPT publishes original papers, technology reviews, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics and developments in the powertrain area will be published on a regular basis.
IJPT is indexed in:
IJPT is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Song, Xubin, Weichai Power Co., Ltd., China
- Jacobs, Timothy J., Texas A&M University, USA
- Shahbakhti, Mahdi, Michigan Technological University, USA
- Sorniotti, Aldo, University of Surrey, UK
- Spitas, Christos, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Yan, Fengjun, McMaster University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Anstrom, Joel R., Thomas D. Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute, USA
- Cao, Dongpu, Cranfield University, UK
- Chen, Hong, Jilin University, China
- Deur, Joško, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Ebrahimi, M.K., University of Bradford, UK
- Emadi, Ali, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Filipi, Zoran, Clemson University, USA
- Hedrick, Karl, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Khajepour, Amir, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Lin, Cheng, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Ouyang, Minggao, Tsinghua University, China
- Rizzo, Gianfranco, University of Salerno, Italy
- Rizzoni, Giorgio, Ohio State University, USA
- Srinivasan, Kalyan Kumar, Mississippi State University, USA
- Theodossiades, Stephanos, Loughborough University, UK
- Tunestål, Per, Lund University, Sweden
- Wang, Junmin, Ohio State University, USA
- Xin, Qianfan (Harry), Navistar, Inc., USA
- Xu, Min, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Zhang, Henry, Purdue University, USA
- Zhang, Nong, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Zhang, Tong, Shanghai Fuel Cell Vehicle Powertrain Co., Ltd., and Tongji University, China
- Zhu, Guoming (George), Michigan State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.