- Theory/practice of performance management
- Evaluation methods/practices, analyses of efficiency
- Performance benchmarking/measurement, organisational impact
- Performance information utilisation, organisational learning
- Output/outcome/quality indicator definitions
- Performance reward issues
- Visibilisation of performance, performance indicator efficiency
- Organisational paths of performance
- Link between values/cultures and performance management
- Performance measurement roles in transforming institutional settings
- Performance measurement/management/policy context relationships
- Leadership, accountability
- Innovation in public sector management
- Managing public infrastructure technology
- Public sector as venture capitalist/entrepreneur
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJPSPM are to share the latest advances that the field has to offer and to create a sustained dialogue between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of performance management in the public sector.
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers. We promote comparative studies which, emphasising the importance of context, do not abandon the quest for theoretical explanations and generalisations, and which develop theories that are context-sensitive.
All methodologies, such as analytical, empirical, behavioural, survey and case studies are welcome.
IJPSPM's readership comprises academics, practitioners, policy makers, consultants and research students with an interest in research in the field of public sector performance management. The journal provides a vehicle to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJPSPM publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in public sector performance management will occasionally be published.
IJPSPM is indexed in:
IJPSPM is listed in:
- Fouchet, Robert, Université Aix-Marseille, France
Editor in Chief
- Dana, Leo Paul, Montpellier Business School, France
- Šević, Željko, Glasgow Caledonian University, UK
- Turc, Emil, Université Aix-Marseille, France
Editorial Board Members
- Baumard, Philippe, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Bedrani, Slimane, National Institute of Agronomy and Center of Applied Economics for Development (CREAD), Algeria
- Benoît, Bernard, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Bouayad, Brahim, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
- Côme, Thierr, Université de Reims Champagne Ardennes, France
- Carassus, David, University of Pau and the Adour, France
- Cepiku, Denita, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy
- Cherif, Mondher, University of Sfax, Tunisia
- Drumaux, Anne, Brussels Free University, Belgium
- Emery, Yves, IDHEAP (Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration), Switzerland
- Eymeri-Douzans, Jean-Michel, Institute of Political Science, France
- Gagnon, Jacques, University of Sherbrooke, Canada
- Giauque, David, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
- Guenoun, Marcel, Université Paul-Cezanne Aix-Marseille III, France
- Halgand, Nathalie, University of Nantes, France
- Haouas, Ilham, University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Hintea, Calin Emilian, Babes-Bolyai University, Romania
- Joyce, Paul, Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Kapur, Vijay, University of Delhi, India
- Keramidas, Olivier, Paul Cezanne University, France
- Kuhlmann, Sabine, German University of Administrative Sciences, Germany
- Mazouz, Bachir, Québec University, Canada
- Meneguzzo, Marco, University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, Italy
- Moinard, Christian, Audencia Nantes School of Management, France
- Orange, Gérald, Rouen Graduate School of Management, France
- Padovani, Emanuele, University of Bologna, Italy
- Pasquier, Martial, IDHEAP (Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration), Switzerland
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Proctor, Tony, University of Chester, UK
- Proeller, Isabella, University of Potsdam, Germany
- Rocher, Sebastien, University of Poitiers, France
- Rochet, Claude, Institute for Public Management and Economic Development (IGPDE), France
- Scorsone, Eric, Michigan State University, USA
- Sedjari, Ali, Université Mohamed V University, Morocco
- Talbot, Colin, University of Manchester, UK
- Tanaka, Hiraki, Shizuoka University of Art and Culture, Japan
- Van Dooren, Wouter, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Villeneuve, Jean-Patrick, IDHEAP (Swiss Graduate School of Public Administration), Switzerland
- Wei, Liu, East China University of Politics and Law, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.