| Editor in Chief: Dr. Hossam A. Gabbar |
ISSN online: 1757-6350
ISSN print: 1757-6342
4 issues per year
IJPSE addresses new process systems engineering methods, trends and technologies and applications in plant, process and product lifecycles, including engineering design and operational activities and their interaction. Coverage includes process engineering methods and computational models/simulation link design, operation, maintenance, recycling and other lifecycle activities in different disciplines, including nuclear, energy, power, chemical, pharmaceutical, discrete manufacturing and other production processes; applications in marine, military, transportation, aerospace, steel, mining, health/social systems; state-of-the-art methods, practices and technologies in chemical/mechanical/electrical/information/systems engineering; and energy/environmental sciences.
- Process/product synthesis, analysis, design
- Dynamic analysis/control using modelling/simulation
- Design methods for production process equipment
- Novel numerical methods, computation practices
- Process operations, risk management
- Safety/maintenance/reliability engineering
- Quality management, planning and scheduling
- Supply/production/demand chain management
- Integrated manufacturing processes/systems
- Intelligent control, design/operation support systems
- Biomass production processes
- Nano-production processes
- Sustainability/environmental issues
- Integrated control/management of industrial enterprises
- Lifecycle assessment/costing
More on this journal...
IJPSE is primarily intended as a journal of record for new developments in the application of process and product lifecycle, computing and systems technology to production processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, discrete manufacturing, and other types of production processes).Readership
The area of process systems engineering is a growing field that supports the process and product lifecycle. Researchers from the fields of process design, operation and control will be interested in papers from IJPSE. Industrial enterprises and engineering consulting companies will also find much of value.Contents
Papers published cover different aspects of the application of computing to one or more of the subject areas, including new applications of established methods, comparisons of alternative methodologies, descriptions of state-of-the-art industrial applications and significant computing developments targeted at training/education. Reports of software implementations must feature novel uses of state-of-the-art computing technologies.
IJPSE includes full-length articles, survey papers, journal reviews, short notes and letters to the Editor.
More on permissions
IJPSE is indexed in:
IJPSE is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Gabbar, Hossam A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Yang, Xiongtao, Covestro LLC, USA
- Khan, Faisal I., Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Takeda, Kazuhiro, Shizuoka University, Japan
Regional Editors Asia
- Hashimoto, Yoshihiro, Nagoya Institute of Technology, Japan
- Zhao, Jinsong, Tsinghua University, China
Regional Editor Canada-USA
- Elkamel, Ali, University of Waterloo, Canada
Regional Editor Europe
- Hangos, Katalin, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
Regional Editor Middle East
- Ramadan, Ashraf A., Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR), Kuwait
Editorial Board Members
- Abulfotuh, Fuad, Arab Academy for Science & Technology, and Maritime Transport, Egypt
- Ahmad, Arshad, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Alting, Leo, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Aly, Nael, California State University, Stanislaus, USA
- Androulakis, Ioannis (Yannis) P., Rutgers University, USA
- Bogle, David, University College London, UK
- Calabrese, Antonio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Chung, Paul, Loughborough University, UK
- El-Genk, Mohamed S., University of New Mexico, USA
- El-Halwagi, Mahmoud, Texas A&M Engineering, USA
- Gani, Rafiqul, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Gofuku, Akio, Okayama University, Japan
- Heino, Perttu, Tampere Polytechnic - University of Applied Sciences, Finland
- Ierapetritou, Marianthi, Rutgers - The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Karimi, Iftekhar, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Kohda, Takehisa, Kyoto University, Japan
- Lind, Morten, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Lund, Peter, Aalto University, Finland
- Mahalec, Vladimir, McMaster University, Canada
- Marquardt, Wolfgang, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- Mustapha, Sa'ari, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Nakamatsu, Kazumi, University of Hyogo, Japan
- Neitzert, Thomas, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
- Oliveira, Fernanda, University College Cork, Ireland
- Sharif, Adel, University of Surrey, UK
- Soroush, Masoud, Drexel University, USA
- Tadé, Moses, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Tuzun, Ugur, Surrey University, UK
- Wang, Zhaolin (Forest), University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Yamashita, Yoshiyuki, University of Tokyo of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
- Yoon, En Sup, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.