- Product strategy, strategic planning, innovative concepts
- Customer preferences, customer/regulatory requirements/implementation
- Internet technology/web-based methods for marketing research
- Interrelationships across organisations
- Information management/standards, ICTs, information flows
- Virtual/collaborative PD; management of dispersed processes/teams
- Product life/value cycle management, total life-cycle technology
- [Component] knowledge management/exchange, electronic catalogues
- Product modelling, process/production planning, design optimisation, design for 'X'
- System level, sustainable PD, quality, reliability, durability
- Platforms, architectures, product families/configuration/modularisation
- Metrics/standards for evaluating firms' capabilities/performance
- Product/process/project data exchange standards; integration methodologies
- Emerging tools/applications in system engineering, education, training
- Virtual prototyping/testing (simulation); fast/lean validation
More on this journal...
IJPD aims to establish channels of communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in industry and related business, and policy makers.Readership
Engineers and academics working in university research and design departments and institutes, managers, designers, technologists, research and development engineers working in industry.Contents
IJPD publishes original research and development papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, relevant reports and news, book reviews and briefs, educational approaches. Suggestions for Special Issues devoted to important topics in product development and related topics are welcome.
More on permissions
IJPD is indexed in:
IJPD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Bouras, Abdelaziz, Qatar University, Qatar
- Haapasalo, Harri Jouni Olavi, University of Oulu, Finland
Regional Editor USA
- Rachuri, Sudarsan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Ishihama, Masao, Kanagawa Institute of Technology, Japan
Editorial Board Members
- Aoussat, Améziane, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers, France
- Backhouse, Chris, Loughborough University, UK
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- David, Bertrand, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- Deneux, Dominique, LAMIH - University of Valenciennes, France
- Durán Heras, Alfonso, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Eppinger, Steven D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Eynard, Benoît, Universit de Technologie de Compigne, France
- Gierl, Heribert, Universitaet Augsburg, Germany
- Gurumoorthy, Balan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Helm, Roland, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Herstatt, Cornelius, Technische Universitt Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Germany
- Hesselbach, Jens, Institut fr Produktionstechnik und Logistik, Germany
- Katzy, Bernhard, CeTIM - Center for Technology and Innovation Management gGmbH, Germany
- Lu, Stephen C.-Y., University of Southern California, USA
- Luczak, Holger, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
- Magee, Christopher, Mechanical Engineering Department, USA
- Marr, Rainer, Universitt der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Germany
- Midler, Christophe, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Muffatto, Moreno, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Ohtaka, Akihiko, Nihon Unisys Ltd, Japan
- Papalambros, Panos Y., University of Michigan, USA
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Restrepo, John, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Roberts, Edward B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Roy, Utpal, Syracuse University, USA
- Söderberg, Rikard, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Söderlund, Jonas, Linkping University, Sweden
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Savino, Matteo Mario, Sannium University, Italy
- Shunk, Dan, Arizona State University, USA
- Trappey, Amy J.C., National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Wilemon, David, Syracuse University, USA
- Wood, Kristin, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Zeng, Yong, Concordia University, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.