- Product strategy, strategic planning, innovative concepts
- Customer preferences, customer/regulatory requirements/implementation
- Internet technology/web-based methods for marketing research
- Interrelationships across organisations
- Information management/standards, ICTs, information flows
- Virtual/collaborative PD; management of dispersed processes/teams
- Product life/value cycle management, total life-cycle technology
- [Component] knowledge management/exchange, electronic catalogues
- Product modelling, process/production planning, design optimisation, design for 'X'
- System level, sustainable PD, quality, reliability, durability
- Platforms, architectures, product families/configuration/modularisation
- Metrics/standards for evaluating firms' capabilities/performance
- Product/process/project data exchange standards; integration methodologies
- Emerging tools/applications in system engineering, education, training
- Virtual prototyping/testing (simulation); fast/lean validation
More on this journal...
IJPD aims to establish channels of communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in industry and related business, and policy makers.Readership
Engineers and academics working in university research and design departments and institutes, managers, designers, technologists, research and development engineers working in industry.Contents
IJPD publishes original research and development papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, relevant reports and news, book reviews and briefs, educational approaches. Suggestions for Special Issues devoted to important topics in product development and related topics are welcome.
IJPD is indexed in:
IJPD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
- Bouras, Abdelaziz, Université de Lyon - Lumiere Lyon II, France
- Haapasalo, Harri Jouni Olavi, University of Oulu, Finland
- Zeng, Yong, Concordia University, Canada
Regional Editor USA
- Rachuri, Sudarsan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Ishihama, Masao, Kanagawa Institute of Technology, Japan
- Aoussat, Améziane, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Arts et Métiers, France
- Backhaus, Klaus, Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany
- Backhouse, Chris, Loughborough University, UK
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Bronsvoort, Willem F., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- David, Bertrand, Ecole Centrale de Lyon, France
- Deneux, Dominique, LAMIH - University of Valenciennes, France
- Durán Heras, Alfonso, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Eppinger, Steven D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Eynard, Benoît, Université de Technologie de Compiègne, France
- Gierl, Heribert, Universitaet Augsburg, Germany
- Gurumoorthy, Balan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Helm, Roland, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Herstatt, Cornelius, Technische Universität Hamburg-Harburg (TUHH), Germany
- Hesselbach, Jens, Institut für Produktionstechnik und Logistik, Germany
- Katzy, Bernhard, CeTIM - Center for Technology and Innovation Management gGmbH, Germany
- Lu, Stephen C.-Y., University of Southern California, USA
- Luczak, Holger, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
- Magee, Christopher, Mechanical Engineering Department, USA
- Marr, Rainer, Universität der Bundeswehr München, Germany
- Midler, Christophe, Centre de Recherche en Gestion de l'Ecole polytechnique, France
- Ming, Henry X. G., Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), China
- Muffatto, Moreno, Universita di Padova, Italy
- Ohtaka, Akihiko, Nihon Unisys Ltd, Japan
- Papalambros, Panos Y., University of Michigan, USA
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Pierra, Guy, ENSMA (National Engineering School for Mechanics and Aerotechnics), France
- Restrepo, John, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Roberts, Edward B., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Roy, Utpal, Syracuse University, USA
- Söderberg, Rikard, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Söderlund, Jonas, Linköping University, Sweden
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Savino, Matteo Mario, Sannium University, Italy
- Shunk, Dan, Arizona State University, USA
- Trappey, Amy J.C., National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Wilemon, David, Syracuse University, USA
- Wood, Kristin, University of Texas at Austin, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.