- Theoretical/numerical analysis of masonry structures
- Earthquake resistance and traditional-innovative retrofitting
- Masonry and building physics
- Repair and strengthening
- Conservation of historic buildings
- Codes and standards
- Innovation and sustainability of masonry
- New construction techniques/technologies
- Architecture with masonry
- Masonry materials and testing
- New developments in design/verification
- Reliability and performance
- Emblematic case studies
- Fire resistance
More on this journal...
The objective of IJMRI is the publication and dissemination of original research devoted to masonry structures and innovation in new construction, repair and built heritage conservation. It therefore aims to provide a broad blend of scientific and technical papers, favouring exchange of ideas among theoreticians and practitioners active in different fields, including civil engineering, architecture, material science, cultural heritage, applied mathematics and others. The emphasis is placed on analytical, experimental, numerical and/or technological contributions of interest to researchers and practitioners in the field of masonry research and innovation. The journal will include information on aspects such as existing built heritage and new construction, including state-of-the-art aspects of innovative materials, construction technologies, design approaches, sustainability, energy efficiency, comfort, codes and regulations, emblematic case studies, historic buildings, training and education, among others.Readership
Readership spans across from academia to industry, including, but not limited to:
- Academic: Graduate students and researchers
- Faculties: Staff members from departments of architecture, engineering (including civil, mechanical and material science) and conservation and restoration
- Practitioners: Civil engineers and architects
- Industry: Building industry in general (brick/block masonry producers, mortar producers, FRP and steel producers, advanced materials for repair and strengthening producers)
IJMRI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in masonry research will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJMRI is indexed in:
IJMRI is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Milani, Gabriele, Technical University of Milan, Italy
- Adam, Jose M., Universitat Politcnica de Valncia, Spain
- Cluni, Federico, University of Perugia, Italy
- Sarhosis, Vasilis, Newcastle University, UK
- Stavroulakis, Georgios, Technical University of Crete, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Angelillo, Maurizio, Università degli Studi di Salerno (UNISA), Italy
- Asteris, Panagiotis G., School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Greece
- Bagi, Katalin, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Calderini, Chiara, University of Genoa, Italy
- Corradi, Marco, Northumbria University, UK
- Dhanasekar, Manicka, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Dubois, Frédéric, CNRS - Universit de Montpellier, France
- Fouchal, Fazia, University of Limoges, France
- Gams, Matija, Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute (ZAG), Slovenia
- Ghiassi, Bahman, TU Delft, Netherlands
- Ghosh, Siddhartha, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Laefer, Debra F., New York University, USA
- Lagomarsino, Sergio, University of Genoa, Italy
- Lebon, Frédéric, Aix Marseille Universit, France
- Lemos, José V., LNEC (National Laboratory for Civil Engineering), Portugal
- Macorini, Lorenzo, Imperial College London, UK
- Magenes, Guido, Università di Pavia, Italy
- Massart, Thierry J., Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), Belgium
- Miccoli, Lorenzo, Bundesanstalt fr Materialforschung und prfung (BAM), Germany
- Mojsilovic, Nebojsa, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Muñoz, Julián García, Universidad Politcnica de Madrid, Spain
- Oliveira, Daniel, University of Minho, Portugal
- Parisi, Fulvio, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
- Parsekian, Guilherme Aris, Federal University of Sao Carlos (UFSCar), Brazil
- Pietruszczak, Stan, McMaster University, Canada
- Plevris, Vagelis, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, Norway
- Rabinovitch, Oded, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Roca, Pere, Universitat Politcnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Sacco, Elio, University of Cassino and Southern Lazio, Italy
- Schultz, Arturo E., University of Minnesota, USA
- Varum, Humberto, University of Porto, Portugal
- Verstrynge, Els, KU Leuven (Catholic University of Leuven), Belgium
- Vintzileou, Elizabeth, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.