| Editor in Chief: Prof. Tugrul Özel |
ISSN online: 1753-1047
ISSN print: 1753-1039
6 issues per year
IJMMS covers the broad field of mechatronics (computers, sensors, machines, controls) related to manufacturing processes and systems, highlighting R&D in the modern engineering of advanced mechatronics and manufacturing technology. It addresses all manufacturing equipment, processes and systems, including machining systems, metal forming, joining, lasers and electrically enhanced processes, additive manufacturing processes, hybrid and microfabrication processes. IJMMS also reports work on broad industrial applications, e.g. discrete product manufacturing systems with applications in automotive, aerospace, machine tool, computer, biomedical and other industries.
- Additive manufacturing equipment and control
- Advanced/intelligent/smart machining systems
- Autonomous/adaptive control systems, sensors, actuators
- Biomanufacturing systems
- Computer-aided/integrated manufacturing methods
- Computer-aided inspection/quality control systems
- Computational methods and optimisation in manufacturing
- Expert manufacturing systems based on artificial intelligence methods
- Hybrid manufacturing processes/systems
- Metal forming manufacturing equipment and control
- Machine tool design and control
- Mechatronics systems in manufacturing
- Miniaturised manufacturing devices, equipment, systems
- Non-traditional machining systems
- Laser-based manufacturing systems
- Sensor fusion, network technologies for manufacturing
More on this journal...
The objective of IJMMS is to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners about the advances in machine tools, mechatronics, sensors and controls applications in modern manufacturing systems.
Academics; manufacturing researchers; industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, systems engineers; professionals in machine tool, manufacturing equipment, mechatronics and related industries.
IJMMS publishes original research papers; review papers; technical papers and notes; short communications; discussion on papers; cases studies; special issues on selected topics reflecting important advances in the general field of mechatronics, manufacturing technology and manufacturing systems.
IJMMS is indexed in:
IJMMS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Özel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
Regional Editor Africa/Middle East
- Habib, Maki, American University in Cairo, Egypt
Regional Editor Asia-Pacific
- Rahman, Mustafizur, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Regional Editor Europe
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
- Acar, Memis, Loughborough University, UK
- Bártolo, Paulo, Polytechnique Institute of Leiria, Portugal
- Biermann, Dirk, TU Dortmund, Germany
- Ceretti, Elisabetta, University of Brescia, Italy
- Cetinkunt, Sabri, University of Illinois-Chicago, USA
- Chen, Chao-Chang A., National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, The University of Alabama, USA
- Ciurana, Joaquim, University of Girona, Spain
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Dixit, Uday Shanker, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
- Donmez, Alkan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Dornfeld, David A., University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Fukuda, Toshio, Nagoya University, Japan
- Guvenc, Levent, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Haber, Rodolfo, Spanish Council for Scientific Research, Spain
- Huang, Yong, University of Florida, USA
- Jemielniak, Krzysztof, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- Joshi, Suhas S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Kaftanoglu, Bilgin, Atilim University, Turkey
- Kara, Sami, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Lee, Yuan-Shin, North Carolina State University, USA
- Li, Wei, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Liu, Xinyu, Lamar University, USA
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Neugebauer, Reimund, Fraunhofer Institute for Machine Tools and Forming Technology (IWU), Germany
- Oetomo, Denny, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Olgac, Nejat, University of Connecticut, USA
- Pfefferkorn, Frank, University of Wisconsin, USA
- Ponnambalam, Sivalinga G., Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Rodriguez, Ciro A., Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
- Sabanovic, Asif, Sabanci University, Turkey
- Silva, Jorge Vicente Lopes da, Centro de Tecnologia da Informação Renato Archer, Brazil
- Vosniakos, G.-C., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wang, Wenhui, Tsinghua University, China
- Wegener, Konrad, ETH Zentrum, Switzerland
- Yagüe-Fabra, Jose A., Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
- Yamazaki, Kazuo, University of California, Davis, USA
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
- Zatarain, Mikel, IDEKO, Spain
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.