| Editor in Chief: Prof. Tugrul Özel |
ISSN online: 1753-1047
ISSN print: 1753-1039
4 issues per year
IJMMS covers the broad field of mechatronics (computers, sensors, machines, controls) related to manufacturing processes and systems, highlighting R&D in the modern engineering of advanced mechatronics and manufacturing technology. It addresses all manufacturing equipment, processes and systems, including machining systems, metal forming, joining, lasers and electrically enhanced processes, additive manufacturing processes, hybrid and microfabrication processes. IJMMS also reports work on broad industrial applications, e.g. discrete product manufacturing systems with applications in automotive, aerospace, machine tool, computer, biomedical and other industries.
- Additive manufacturing equipment and control
- Advanced/intelligent/smart machining systems
- Autonomous/adaptive control systems, sensors, actuators
- Biomanufacturing systems
- Computer-aided/integrated manufacturing methods
- Computer-aided inspection/quality control systems
- Computational methods and optimisation in manufacturing
- Expert manufacturing systems based on artificial intelligence methods
- Hybrid manufacturing processes/systems
- Metal forming manufacturing equipment and control
- Machine tool design and control
- Mechatronics systems in manufacturing
- Miniaturised manufacturing devices, equipment, systems
- Non-traditional machining systems
- Laser-based manufacturing systems
- Sensor fusion, network technologies for manufacturing
More on this journal...
The objective of IJMMS is to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners about the advances in machine tools, mechatronics, sensors and controls applications in modern manufacturing systems.
Academics; manufacturing researchers; industrial, manufacturing, mechanical, systems engineers; professionals in machine tool, manufacturing equipment, mechatronics and related industries.
IJMMS publishes original research papers; review papers; technical papers and notes; short communications; discussion on papers; cases studies; special issues on selected topics reflecting important advances in the general field of mechatronics, manufacturing technology and manufacturing systems.
More on permissions
IJMMS is indexed in:
IJMMS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- zel, Rutgers University, USA
Regional Editor Asia
- Joshi, Suhas S., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Subject Editor (Additive Manufacturing)
- Ciurana, Joaquim, University of Girona, Spain
Subject Editor (Condition Monitoring)
- Vosniakos, G.-C., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Subject Editor (Forming Manufacturing)
- Ceretti, Elisabetta, University of Brescia, Italy
Subject Editor (Machining and Machine Tools)
- Sencer, Burak, Oregon State University, USA
Subject Editor (Mechatronics and Robotic Systems)
- Unel, Mustafa, Sabanci University, Turkey
Subject Editor (Medical Devices)
- Rodriguez, Ciro A., Tecnolgico de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
Subject Editor (Metrology Systems)
- Yage-Fabra, Jose A., Universidad de Zaragoza, Spain
Subject Editor (Micro-Machining Systems)
- Chandra, Abhijit, Iowa State University, USA
Subject Editor (Micro-Manufacturing Systems)
- Karpat, Yigit, Bilkent University, Turkey
Editorial Board Members
- Biermann, Dirk, TU Dortmund, Germany
- Brtolo, Paulo Jorge, University of Manchester, UK
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, The University of Alabama, USA
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of LAquila, Italy
- Dixit, Uday Shanker, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, India
- Donmez, Alkan, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
- Guvenc, Levent, Ohio State University, USA
- Kaftanoglu, Bilgin, Atilim University, Turkey
- Lee, Yuan-Shin, North Carolina State University, USA
- Liu, Xinyu, Lamar University, USA
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Tcnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Olgac, Nejat, University of Connecticut, USA
- Pfefferkorn, Frank, University of Wisconsin, USA
- Settineri, Luca, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Srivastava, Anil K., University of TexasPan American, USA
- Thepsonthi, Thanongsak, Burapha University, Thailand
- Ulutan, Durul, Clemson University, USA
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Wegener, Konrad, ETH Zrich, Inspire AG, Switzerland
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.