| Editor in Chief: Prof. Dr. Janez Grum |
ISSN online: 1741-8429
ISSN print: 1741-8410
6 issues per year
IJMMP publishes contributions on mechanical, electrical, magnetic and optical properties of metal, ceramic and polymeric materials in terms of the crystal structure and microstructure. Papers treat all aspects of materials, i.e., their selection, characterisation, transformation, modification, testing, and evaluation in the decision-making phase of product design/manufacture. Contributions in the fields of product, design and improvement of material properties in various production processes are welcome, along with scientific papers on new technologies, processes and materials, and on the modelling of processes.
- Materials'properties improvement, special properties, advanced techniques
- Mechanical/physical/nondestructive testing, characterisation
- Integrity after mechanical machining/heat treating/surface modification
- Creep/fatigue testing, failure analysis, fractures
- Surface characterisation, chemical analysis, microanalysis
- Precipitation/dispersion/strain hardening, dislocation interactions
- Deformation-induced distortion, structure formation in deformed metals/alloys
- Plastic/cyclic strain, quenching/distortion of steels, static/fatigue strength
- Analytical representation of creep curves
- Quantitative microscopy, particle size distribution, metal/alloy properties
- Chemical/heat treatment of metals/alloys, solute strengthening
- Polymers/metals/ceramics interface, mould/metal interface, casting/forging quality
- Laser/electron beam surface engineering/modification
- Solid/liquid interface morphologies vs solidification rate
- Microstructure formation modelling/evaluation, metals/alloys simulation
More on this journal...
The objectives of the IJMMP are to establish an effective channel of communication between academic and research institutions and persons concerned with industrial research supported by practical application. It also aims at promoting and coordinating developments in the field of materials processing technology and materials testing according to microstructure and materials properties at macro and micro levels. The international dimension is emphasised in order to meet the latest needs of accelerating theoretical knowledge and practical verification of new technologies and products.
IJMMP is intended to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of material technology and materials testing, physical modelling or simulation of various processes in the materials, engineering education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work.Contents
IJMMP publishes original papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special issues devoted to important topics from the field of Microstructure and Materials Properties will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJMMP is indexed in:
IJMMP is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Grum, Janez, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Regional Editor Asia
- Arimoto, Kyozo, Arimotech Ltd., Japan
Regional Editor North and South America
- Colas, Rafael, Universidad Autnoma de Nuevo Len, Mexico
Editorial Board Members
- Babul, Tomasz, Instytut Mechaniki Precyzyjnej, Poland
- Canale, Lauralice C.F., Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Cerjak, Horst H., Technical University Graz, Austria
- Chandra, Tara, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Colás, Rafael, Universidad Autnoma de Nuevo Len, Mexico
- Dahotre, Narendra B., University of North Texas, USA
- De Hosson, Jeff Th. M., University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Ernst, Georg, Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft mbH, Austria
- Felde, Imre, buda University, Hungary
- Gür, Cemil Hakan, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Hamed, Mohamed S., McMaster University, Canada
- Kulu, Priit, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Liščić, Božidar, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Luo, Xinmin, Jiangsu University, China
- Mayr, Peter, Technische Universitt Chemnitz, Germany
- Mazal, Pavel, Brno University of Technology (BUT Brno), Czech Republic
- Ocaņa, José Luis, E.T.S. Ingenieros Industriales (U.P.M.), Spain
- Pellizzari, Massimo, University of Trento, Italy
- Pleshivtseva, Yulia, Samara State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Réti, Tamas, Bnki Dont Polytechnic, Hungary
- Roósz, András, Institute of Materials Science, Hungary
- Rosso, Mario, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Rudnev, Valery, INDUCTOHEAT, USA
- Scholtes, Berthold, Universitt Kassel, Germany
- Segerberg, Soren, Heattec, Sweden
- Sitek, Wojciech, Lilesian University of Technology, Poland
- Smoljan, Božo, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Smyth, Niall, Coventry University, UK
- Tisza, Miklós, University of Miskolc, Hungary
- Torralba, Jose M., Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
- Torsten, Ericsson, Linkping University, Sweden
- Totten, George E., G.E. Totten & Associates, Inc., and Portland State University, USA
- Vander Voort, George F., Vander Voort Consulting, USA
- Vilar, Rui, Instituto Superior Tcnico, Portugal
- Wojnar, Leszek, Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Zoch, Hans-Werner, IWT - Stiftung Institut fr Werkstofftechnik, Germany
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.