- Machining processes: turning, drilling, milling, grinding
- Mechanics of cutting, chip formation
- Cutting forces, cutting temperatures
- Cutting tool material, coatings, tool wear
- Surface finish, integrity of surfaces
- Tribology in metal cutting
- Hard turning, minimal lubrication; high speed machining
- Nontraditional machining processes: laser, EDM, ECM, USM, water jet cutting
- Precision machining, micro/nanomachining
- Vibration/acoustic emission techniques
- Machinability of materials: metallic/non-metallic/composite materials
- Design of experiments: Taguchi methods, response surface methodology, etc.
- Machining simulation: FEM models, etc.
- Optimisation: genetic algorithms, neural networks, etc.
- Intelligent machining, integrated manufacturing systems
More on this journal...
The objectives of the IJMMM are to establish a channel of communication and to disseminate knowledge between academic/research institutions and practical industrial applications.Readership
Academics; researchers; engineers; professionals in machining and related industries.Contents
IJMMM publishes original papers; research papers; review papers; technical papers, technical notes; short communications; discussion on papers; case studies.
IJMMM is indexed in:
IJMMM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Astakhov, Viktor P., PSMi, USA
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Abrão, Alexandre, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
- António, Conceição, University of Porto, Portugal
- Bianchi, Eduardo, Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil
- Chen, Mingjun, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, The University of Alabama, USA
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Gaitonde, V.N., B.V.B College of Engineering and Technology, India
- Grzesik, Wit., Technical University of Opole, Poland
- Hocheng, Hong, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Jain, V.K., Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Kim, Dave (Dae-Wook), Washington State University, USA
- Kishawy, H. A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Koshy, Philip, McMaster University, Canada
- Li, Xiaoping, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Littlefair, Guy, Deakin University, Australia
- Martin, Patrick, ENSAM - Technopole de Metz, France
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Micari, F., DTMPIG - University of Palermo, Italy
- Molinari, Alain, University of Metz, France
- Mourão, António, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Outeiro, J. C., Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal
- Özel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
- Pei, Z.J., Kansas State University, USA
- Quiza, Ramón, University of Matanzas, Cuba
- Ramulu, M., University of Washington, USA
- Rech, Joël, Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Saint-Etienne (ENISE), France
- Umbrello, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Vaxevanidis, N.M., School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE), Greece
- Vijayarangan, S., PSG College of Technology, India
- Vosniakos, G.-C., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wang, Jun, The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
- Zhang, Liangchi, University of New South Wales, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.