- Machining processes: turning, drilling, milling, grinding
- Mechanics of cutting, chip formation
- Cutting forces, cutting temperatures
- Cutting tool material, coatings, tool wear
- Surface finish, integrity of surfaces
- Tribology in metal cutting
- Hard turning, minimal lubrication; high speed machining
- Nontraditional machining processes: laser, EDM, ECM, USM, water jet cutting
- Precision machining, micro/nanomachining
- Vibration/acoustic emission techniques
- Machinability of materials: metallic/non-metallic/composite materials
- Design of experiments: Taguchi methods, response surface methodology, etc.
- Machining simulation: FEM models, etc.
- Optimisation: genetic algorithms, neural networks, etc.
- Intelligent machining, integrated manufacturing systems
More on this journal...
The objectives of the IJMMM are to establish a channel of communication and to disseminate knowledge between academic/research institutions and practical industrial applications.Readership
Academics; researchers; engineers; professionals in machining and related industries.Contents
IJMMM publishes original papers; research papers; review papers; technical papers, technical notes; short communications; discussion on papers; case studies.
More on permissions
IJMMM is indexed in:
IJMMM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Astakhov, Viktor P., PSMi, USA
- Lopez de Lacalle, Luis Norberto, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Abrão, Alexandre, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
- António, Conceição, University of Porto, Portugal
- Bianchi, Eduardo, Universidade Estadual Paulista (UNESP), Brazil
- Chen, Mingjun, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University, UK
- Chou, Kevin, The University of Alabama, USA
- Di Ilio, Antoniomaria, University of L’Aquila, Italy
- Gaitonde, V.N., B.V.B College of Engineering and Technology, India
- Grzesik, Wit., Technical University of Opole, Poland
- Hocheng, Hong, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Jain, V.K., Formerly: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India
- Kim, Dave (Dae-Wook), Washington State University, USA
- Kishawy, H. A., University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Koshy, Philip, McMaster University, Canada
- Li, Xiaoping, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Littlefair, Guy, Deakin University, Australia
- Martin, Patrick, ENSAM - Technopole de Metz, France
- Martins, Paulo A. F., Universidade Técnica de Lisboa, Portugal
- Micari, F., DTMPIG - University of Palermo, Italy
- Molinari, Alain, University of Metz, France
- Mourão, António, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Outeiro, J. C., Portuguese Catholic University, Portugal
- Özel, Tugrul, Rutgers University, USA
- Pei, Z.J., Kansas State University, USA
- Quiza, Ramón, University of Matanzas, Cuba
- Ramulu, M., University of Washington, USA
- Rech, Joël, Ecole Nationale d'Ingénieurs de Saint-Etienne (ENISE), France
- Umbrello, Domenico, Università della Calabria, Italy
- Vaxevanidis, N.M., School of Pedagogical and Technological Education (ASPETE), Greece
- Vijayarangan, S., PSG College of Technology, India
- Vosniakos, G.-C., National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Wang, Jun, The University of New South Wales, Australia
- Wang, Lihui, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Yan, Jiwang, Keio University, Japan
- Zhang, Liangchi, University of New South Wales, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.