- Exploration, mine planning/design
- Materials handling: excavation, haulage, disposal
- Mining rock mechanics and mine ground control
- Mine drainage
- Process control/optimisation, mining systems simulation
- Artificial intelligence, knowledge based systems
- Information technologies
- Mine mechanisation, automation, robotics
- Reliability, maintenance, overall performance of mining systems
- Interaction between minerals/systems/people/other elements
- Environmental impact assessment, sustainable development
- Mineral economics, business systems
- Risk assessment/management, health/safety
More on this journal...
The objective of IJMME
is to provide an international forum for academics, industry leaders, and policy makers to investigate and exchange novel ideas and disseminate knowledge and information covering the broad range of activities including, but not limited to, mining engineering, economics, environment, safety and health, information technologies, and management in mining and mineral engineering. In addition, it aims to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex set and behaviour of mining systems and operations. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of mining and mineral engineering. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological advances in the mineral industry and the global society and economy.Readership
IJMME provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the fields of exploration, mining, technology management, production engineering, mineral economics, environmental assessment, and health and safety, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJMME publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Mining and Mineral Engineering will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJMME is indexed in:
IJMME is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Gang, University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
- Frimpong, Samuel, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Kizil, Mehmet, University of Queensland, Australia
- Komljenovic, Dragan, Hydro-Qubec, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Apel, Derek, University of Alberta, Canada
- Awuah-Offei, Kwame, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Baafi, Ernest, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Brune, Jürgen F., National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, USA
- Cardu, Marilena, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Chanda, Emmanuel, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Dagdalen, Kadri, Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Delic, Edin, University of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Drebenstedt, Carsten, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- Foster, Patrick J., University of Exeter, UK
- Karpuz, Celal, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Kecojevic, Vladislav, West Virginia University, USA
- Kolonja, Bozo, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Kumar, Uday, Lule University of Technology, Sweden
- Lassus, Mario Cedron, Catholic University of Peru, Peru
- Mitri, Hani, McGill University, Canada
- Mohanty, Manoj K., Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
- Moser, Peter, University of Leoben, Austria
- Nieto, Antonio, Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Rashidi-Nejad, Farshad, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Rubio, Enrique, University of Chile, Chile
- Saydam, Serkan, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Thompson, Roger, West Australian School of Mines, Australia
- Topal, Erkan, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Vardhan, Harsha, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India
- Villas-Bôas, Roberto C., CETEM/IMAAC/CYTED, Brazil
- Webber-Youngman, Ronny, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Yang, Ruilin, Orica USA Inc., USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.