- Opportunities and challenges for managers in a dynamic, competitive and global environment
- Leadership, strategic management, long-term sustainability
- Managerial accounting issues, cost control, international dimension of accounting
- Education and knowledge management
- Women in management
- Quality/total quality management
- Technology management
- Corporate governance/social responsibility
- Public/environmental/community relations/affairs
- Human resource and workforce management, internal communications
- Marketing management, sales management, customer relationship and brand management
- Financial, portfolio and investment management
- International economic and financial issues
- Disaster/emergency/crisis/risk management
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJMD are to establish an effective channel of communication between management, policy makers, government agencies and academics with the complex task of management development in societal and organisational context. It takes a multifunctional, multi-disciplinary, international approach to the issues facing those for whom management development is an important concern. It presents the research, experiences, and insights of academics, consultants, practicing managers, economists, scientists, sociologists, and thoughtful contributors from other professions and disciplines.
Since approaches to management development often differ in different economies and cultures, IJMD draws on the work of authors from all over the world. Articles are based on empirical research, well-considered observations of management experience, and state-of-the-art reviews of important issues as well as conceptual and theoretical developments. The scope is broad, taking account of those issues that are crucial to successful management in the organisation's external as well as internal environment. The intent is to be informative, thought-provoking, and intellectually challenging and thereby to contribute to the development of better managers. IJMD considers issues related to corporate responsibility and CEO effectiveness through practical, real-world discussions and analysis of past, present and future concern.
IJMD provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of management development. The following provides some examples of its readership:
- Management development specialists and consultants
- Personnel professionals and human resource managers
- Corporate communications directors and communication consultants
- Directors and heads of public relations and public affairs
- Heads of internal communication
- Change, brand and knowledge managers
- Strategic planners and decision makers
- Graduate and post-graduate students
- Researchers in public relations, communications and journalism
- Managing directors, CEOs and senior managers
- Libraries supplying academic and corporate needs
IJMD publishes original manuscripts, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in management development will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJMD is indexed in:
IJMD is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Kabir, Muhammed University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Elshareif, Elgilani, Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, USA
- Hussain, Mostaq M., University of New Brunswick-SJ, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Moharby, Darwish, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Bandeira, Mariana Lima, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Banks, Dwayne A., American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Cassia, Fabio, University of Bergamo, Italy
- Cavusgil, Erin, University of Michigan-Flint, USA
- Choi, Sang Chul, University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences, Japan
- Chowdhury, Saud, Trent University, Canada
- Civi, Emin, University of New Brunswick, Saint John, Canada
- Collins, Ron, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada
- Crowther, David, De Montfort University, UK
- Davila Gomez, Ana Maria, Universit du Qubec en Outaouais, Canada
- Depickere, Arnold, Murdoch University, Australia
- Graff, David, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Huuhka, Ari, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Jain, Vipul, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Khan, Gulam M., Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Lew, Byron, Trent University, Canada
- Liu, Changgeng, Xiangtan University, China
- Madsen, Mona Toft, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Mendelson, Morris, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Najdawi, Mohammad K., Qatar University, Qatar
- Oyelere, Peter, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Persinger, Elif S., Eastern Michigan University, USA
- Rai, Bharatendra K., University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, USA
- Ridler, Neil, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Singh, Satyendra, Academy of Business and Emerging Markets and University of Winnipeg, Canada
- Wu, Liansheng, Peking University, China
- Yang, Youhong, Beijing Technology and Business University, China
- Zain, Mohamed, Qatar University, Qatar
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.