| Editor in Chief: Prof. J. Paulo Davim |
ISSN online: 1757-2762
ISSN print: 1757-2754
4 issues per year
IJMatEI highlights research and development into recent advances in composites, ceramics, functionally graded materials, cellular materials and ecomaterials. It covers all aspects of modern materials engineering, including preparation and processing, relationships between structure (nano/micro) and properties (physical, chemical, mechanical, thermal, electrical and magnetic), as well as performance and technological applications for advanced industry. New concepts for preparing, assembling and functionalisation of materials inspired by nature, or radically new approaches to improve existing processes and reliability of materials, are encouraged.
- Composites (MMCs, PMCs, CMCs, hybrids, etc)
- Ceramics, glasses and glass-ceramics
- Functionally graded materials (FMGs)
- Diamond and related materials
- Cellular materials
- Bioinspired materials
- Nano/microstructures, materials properties
- Analysis of mechanical/thermal stress fields in materials
- Multi-scale manufacture with advanced materials
- Materials research, renewable energies
- Recycling of materials and industrial wastes
- Artificial intelligence techniques
More on this journal...
The objectives of the IJMatEI are to establish a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics/researchers and industry practitioners. Because of the multiscale nature of materials engineering innovation, the journal will provide a forum for cross-scale investigations into the materials preparation and processing, structure, properties, performance and applications.Readership
Academics; materials researchers; engineers; physicists; chemists; ceramists; metallurgists; professionals in related industries.Contents
IJMatEI publishes original research papers; review papers; short communications; discussion on papers; special issues on selected topic reflecting important advances in the general field of materials engineering innovation and select papers from conferences.
Browse issuesVol. 4
IJMatEI is indexed in:
IJMatEI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Ferreira, J.M.F., University of Aveiro, Portugal
Regional Editor Asia
- Bououdina, Mohamed, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Agrawal, C. Mauli, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Bandyopadhyay, Amit, Washington State University, USA
- Basu, Bikramjit, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
- Bhargava, Parag, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India
- Castro, Fernando, University of Minho, Portugal
- Chen, Kexin, Tsinghua University, China
- Datta, Shubhabrata, Birla Institute of Technology, Deoghar, India
- De Leeuw, N. H., University College London, UK
- Del Monte, Francisco, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid, ICMM, Spain
- Einarsrud, Mari-Ann, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Fetecau, Catalin, Dunarea de Jos University of Galati, Romania
- Gasik, Michael, Helsinki University of Technology -TKK, Finland
- Karamanov, Alexander, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Bulgaria
- Kosmac, Tomaz, Jozef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- Menezes, Luis Filipe, University of Coimbra, Portugal
- Moreira, Rui, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Niihara, Koichi, Nagaoka University of Technology, Japan
- Ohji, Tatsuki, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Ramakrishna, Seeram, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Reddy, M.V., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Santo, Loredana, University of Rome 'Tor Vergata', Italy
- Singh, Mrityunjay, NASA Glenn Research Center, USA
- Stampfl, Juergen, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Teixeira-Dias, Filipe, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Tulyaganov, Dilshat, Centre of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology, Uzbekistan
- Zhang, Zhongyi, University of Portsmouth, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.