- Damage evolution and risk analysis
- Time dependent structural performance and lifecycle behaviour
- Environmental threats (earthquakes, floods, strong winds), residual safety analysis
- Degradation and aging of structural materials
- Robustness and vulnerability to local explosions and fires
- Infrastructural and urban system resilience
- Lifecycle oriented design criteria
- Maintenance planning
- Lifecycle and retrofit
- Safety assessment by structural health monitoring
- Case studies
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJLCPE are to establish an effective channel of communication between scientific researchers, professional engineers, construction companies, managers and administrations, aiming to promote the philosophy of lifecycle performance oriented design and construction and to contribute to tracing a pathway towards more suitable maintenance and exploitation procedures and to establish rational and consistent bases to support management and related decision making.
IJLCPE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of civil construction management and exploitation, engineering and technical education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's workContents
IJLCPE publishes original papers, review papers and technical reports. Special Issues devoted to important topics in scientific and technological advances, very important case studies and conference reports will occasionally be published.
IJLCPE is indexed in:
IJLCPE is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- De Stefano, Alessandro, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Bontempi, Franco, Universitŕ degli Studi di Roma “La Sapienza”, Italy
- Ceravolo, Rosario, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
- Galvez, Jaime C., Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
Regional Editor Africa
- Zingoni, Alphose, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Regional Editor Far East and Oceania
- Hao, Hong, University of Western Australia, Australia
Regional Editor Russia
- Vitrik, Oleg B., Russian Academy of Sciences, Far Eastern Division, Russian Federation
Regional Editor South America
- Ambrosini, Daniel, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Argentina
Regional Editor USA
- Bernal, Dionisio, Northeastern University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aktan, A. Emin, Drexel University, USA
- Angelides, Demos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Argoul, Pierre, ENPC PARIS - École des Ponts ParisTech, France
- Betti, Raimondo, Columbia University, USA
- Brownjohn, James M.W., University of Sheffield, UK
- Cempel, Ceslaw, Poznań University of Technology, Poland
- Clemente, Paolo, ENEA Research Center Casaccia, Italy
- De Roek, Guido, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Fujino, Yozo, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Inaudi, Daniele, Roctest Ltd - SMARTEC SA, Switzerland
- Malerba, Pier Giorgio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Maraboto, Luis Esteva, UNAM, Mexico
- Melchers, Robert E, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Motavalli, Masoud, University of Tehran, ETH Zürich and EMPA - Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research, Switzerland
- Petryna, Yuri, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Rücker, Werner, BAM Berlin, Germany
- Ren, Wei-Xin, Central South University, China
- Wenzel, Helmut, VCE - Vienna Consulting Engineers, Austria
- Wu, Zhishen, Ibaraki University, Japan and Southeast University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.