- Regional systems of innovation, competitiveness and development
- Regional innovation strategies, innovative cities and regions
- Knowledge transfer and infusion, technology transfer
- Green ICT and supply chains
- Collaborative and intelligent systems of innovation, virtual innovation environments
- Innovative supply chains, network collaboration and joint ventures
- Business intelligence management
- Patenting, research and development in SMEs
- E-technology adoption and semantic web services
- Knowledge economy/integration, innovative companies and clusters
- Biotechnology diffusion
- Uncertainty and risk in innovation
- Entrepreneurship and SME competitiveness
- Outsourcing and off-shoring
- Social business and innovation
More on this journal...
The objective of IJIRD is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with latest research, scientific development and practice on innovation and regional development. Studies on new performance indices, benchmarking innovation activities, knowledge transfer and infusion, innovativeness of SMEs, bio-technology adoption, e-technology diffusion, new product development, supply network collaboration, joint ventures, and also problems such as fragmentation and integration of industrial clusters, will form part of the journal. IJIRD also welcomes study related to these areas that focus on regional development and innovation management. Comprehensive and critical reviews of the literature, experimentations, surveys, interviews, case studies, simulation modelling, and other similar methodologically-derived papers in the related areas will be suitable for publication.Readership
IJIRD provides a domain to assist professionals, academics, researchers, policy makers and practitioners, working in the field of innovation, regional development, economic, technological development, and knowledge transfer and infusion, to disseminate information and to learn from each other’s work, thus promoting developments in the field. Advancement of innovation is not a matter of technology or technology transfer per se but a combination of factors that places people at the centre of all interaction; thus special emphasis will be put on difficulties when designing and implementing innovative strategies as well as on regional training needs.Contents
IJIRD publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in innovation, regional development, economic and technological development as well as knowledge transfer and knowledge infusion, will be occasionally published.
IJIRD is indexed in:
IJIRD is listed in:
- Ketikidis, Panayiotis H., University of Sheffield International Faculty, CITY College, Greece
- Carayannis, Elias G., George Washington University, USA
- Koh, Siau Ching Lenny, University of Sheffield, UK
- Oerlemans, Leon, University of Pretoria and Tilburg University, Netherlands
Editorial Board Members
- Anttiroiko, Ari-Veikko, University of Tampere, Finland
- Banwet, Devinder Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Catton, David, Sheffield University Enterprises Limited (SUEL), UK
- Choy, Tommy King-Lun, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Efthimiadou, Irini, Intelligent Innovation Systems (INTELIN) S.A., Greece
- Giebens, Guido, Antrim BVBA, Belgium
- Greis, Noel P., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Gricar, Joze, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Huggins, Robert, Cardiff University, UK
- Kayakutlu, Gülgün, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Kefalas, Petros, CITY College, Greece
- Kehaghias, Stelios, CITY College, Greece
- Kilcommons, Michael, European Agency for Reconstruction Operational Centre, Serbia
- Komninos, Nicos, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Lacave, Michel, Lacave Allemand & Associés, France
- Landabaso, Mikel, European Commission, Belgium
- Manthou, Vicky, University of Macedonia, Greece
- McCarthy, Ian, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Nikolov, Roumen, Sofia University, Bulgaria
- Polenakovik, Radmil, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
- Reid, Alasdair, Technopolis Group, Belgium, Belgium
- Samaranayake, Premaratne, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Singer, Slavica, J.J. Strossmayer University in Osijek, Croatia
- Van der Sijde, Peter, VU University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Williams, Collin, University of Sheffield, UK
- Yee, Choy Leong, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Zaharis, Nikos, South East European Research Centre (SEERC), Greece
- Zigiaris, Sotirios, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.