| Editor: Dr. Angela Adrian |
ISSN online: 1478-9655
ISSN print: 1478-9647
4 issues per year
IJIPM welcomes research papers across a wide range of topics embracing the studies of intellectual property from the perspectives of business management, organisational principles, and government policies. The purpose is to enhance the critical understanding of intellectual property in theory and practice, to appreciate the strategic importance of intellectual property to corporate and organisational success, and to disseminate knowledge on the management of intellectual property and commercialisation of different forms of intellectual property.
- The national development history of IP
- International IP harmonisation, IP culture/ideologies
- IP valuation methods: disparities, economic significance
- External corporate and organisational strategies:
- licensing in and out
- strategic alliances
- cooperative R&D/technology transfer
- intellectual property litigation
- Internal corporate and organisational strategies:
- stimulating inventions
- managing intellectual property information
- competitive analysis and intellectual property exploitation
- decision-making on intellectual property commercialisation
- Global piracy and corporate and organisational strategies
- Impacts on mergers and acquisitions/firm internationalisation/international negotiations
More on this journal...
The objectives of the IJIPM are two-fold: firstly, to enhance communications between policy makers, organisational agents, academics, and managers on the critical understanding and research on intellectual property; secondly, to promote the development of the newly-cultivated research field. A truly international perspective to the studies of intellectual property is applied, with a great emphasis on issues in management, economics, politics, and international business.Readership
The IJIPM builds up linkages between professionals and academics to exchange ideas and information in research and practice, and stimulates knowledge dissemination in this interdisciplinary field.Contents
The IJIPM welcomes theoretical and empirical papers with original contributions to advance the research in the field of intellectual property. It is pluralistic in methodology, i.e. conceptual papers, case studies, theoretical development, hypothetical test papers, and book reviews are all welcome. Comparative studies across countries and firms are encouraged. Special Issues devoted to important topics in intellectual property will occasionally be published.
Browse issuesVol. 6
IJIPM is indexed in:
IJIPM is listed in:
- Adrian, Angela, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Blind, Knut, Berlin University of Technology, Germany
- Bader, Martin A., BGW AG, Switzerland
- Blakeney, Michael, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
- Brush, Tom, Indiana University, USA
- Correa, Carlos M., University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Granstrand, Ove, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Gupta, Anil K., Indian Institute of Management Vastrapur, India
- Kamperman Sanders, Anselm, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Kierkegaard, Sylvia Mercado, International Association of IT Lawyers, Denmark
- Lynskey, Michael J., Hitotsubashi University, Japan
- Phillips, Peter W., University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- Piccaluga, Andrea, Università di Lecce, Italy
- Pitkethly, Robert, University of Oxford, UK
- Roffe, Pedro, International Centre for Trade and Sustainable Development (ICTSD), Switzerland
- Vaver, David, University of Oxford, UK
- Yang, Deli, Bradford University, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.