- Human factors theory as related to computational models of human performance, interaction with virtual environments
- Simulator-based evaluations of human factors issues
- Computer simulation of human behaviour/performance
- Digital human modelling and simulation
- Developments in simulation and virtual environments to address human factors/ergonomics issues
- Human performance modelling
- Simulation of physiological behaviour, measures, predictions
More on this journal...
IJHFMS aims to promote knowledge of human factors particularly the advancement of that field using computational methods. It seeks to initiate and support international activities and cooperation in this field. The following principal goals reflect the journal|s mission:
- To advance the science of human factors
- To advance the science of computational methods and simulation in the area of human factors
- To enhance the contribution of the human factors discipline to the global society
is an archival record of original technical publications. The intent is to provide state of the art knowledge to professionals in human factors, ergonomics, animation, modelling and simulation of humans and human factors, academics, researchers, policy makers, and designers.Contents
IJHFMS publishes peer reviewed original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, selected conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to related human factors modelling and simulation issues are periodically arranged by the editor.
Browse issuesVol. 3
IJHFMS is indexed in:
IJHFMS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Shih-Ken, GM Global R&D, USA
- Yang, James, Texas Tech University, USA
- Bloswick, Donald S., University of Utah, USA
- Goonetilleke, Ravindra, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
- Högberg, Dan, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Paul, Gunther, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Alexander, Thomas, FGAN – Research Institute for Communication, Germany
- Andreoni, Giuseppe, Polytechnic of Milan, Italy
- Badler, Norm, University of Pennsylvania, USA
- Bubb, Heiner, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
- Cheng, Zhiqing, InfoScitex Corporation, USA
- Corner, Brian D., Natick Soldier Research, Development & Engineering Center (NSRDEC), USA
- Gore, Brian, NASA Ames Research Center, USA
- Green, Rush, Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, USA
- Hsiao, Hongwei, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, USA
- Lehto, Mark, Purdue University, USA
- Luximon, Ameersing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Rajulu, Sudhakar, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, USA
- Rasmussen, John, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Wang, Xuguang, IFSTTAR, France
- Xu, Peijun, Ebco Inc, USA
- Zhang, Qinghong, Northern Michigan University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.