| Editor in Chief: Prof. J. Paulo Davim|
ISSN online: 2056-4031
ISSN print: 2056-4023
4 issues per year
IJHES proposes and fosters discussion on the evolution of higher education for sustainability, with emphasis on the three interconnected pillars, the environmental, the economic and the social, along with emerging dimensions of culture and politics. The incorporation of sustainability in higher education is critical in producing human resources, in terms of the essential skills, understanding and knowledge, in the 21st century. IJHES also considers the likely and actual implications for the workplace.
- Curriculum development for sustainability
- Strategic sustainable development
- Sustainability policies
- Index of sustainability
- Management for sustainability
- Green engineering education
- Global green standards: ISO 14000
- Sustainability reports
- Administration, academic staff and student initiatives
- Campus design for sustainability
- Recycling and energy efficiency
- Green computing
- Human resource management
- Theoretical and practical implications for the workplace
- Green universities/institutes: cases studies
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJHES are to provide a channel of communication to disseminate knowledge between academics, researchers, politicians, administrators, managers and engineers, and also to serve as a useful reference for these and other professionals in matters related to higher education and sustainability.
IJHES provides a vehicle to help academics, researchers, politicians, administrators, managers and engineers working in the field of higher education and sustainability to disseminate information.Contents
IJHES publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports and case studies. Special issues devoted to important topics in higher education and sustainability will occasionally be published.
More on permissions
IJHES is indexed in:
IJHES is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Davim, J. Paulo, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Machado, Carolina, University of Minho, Portugal
Editorial Board Members
- Adomßent, Maik, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
- Azeiteiro, Ulisses Miranda, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Brinia, Vasiliki, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Chambers, Dianne, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Coelho, Margarida, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Correia, Paulo Rogério Miranda, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Dieleman, Hans, Universidad Autónoma de la Ciudad de México (UACM), Mexico
- Franchetti, Matthew J., University of Toledo, USA
- Fratila, Domnita, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Gelegenis, John J., Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece
- Hancock, Linda, Deakin University, Australia
- Harris, Douglas J., Heriot-Watt University, UK
- Juarez Najera, Margarita, Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana, Azcapotzalco, Mexico
- Lozano, Rodrigo, University of Gävle, Sweden
- Mulder, Karel F., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- O’Brien, Will, Clark University, USA
- Rao, Prakash, Symbiosis International University, India
- Rogers, Judy, RMIT University, Australia
- Roorda, Niko, Avans University, Netherlands
- Sdrolias, Labros, Technological Educational Institute of Thessaly, Greece
- Sidiropoulos, Liz, Central Queensland University Melbourne, Australia
- Vinodh, S., National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, India
- Wan Alwi, Sharifah Rafidah, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.