| Editor in Chief: Prof. Walter Leal Filho |
ISSN online: 1478-7466
ISSN print: 1474-6778
4 issues per year
IJESD addresses matters related to environment and sustainable development, paying special attention to relevant issues in developing countries while reporting on the latest environmental trends in industrialised nations. Its range of themes encompasses ecological studies, field research, empirical work and descriptive analyses on topics such as environmental systems, environmental policies and politics, environmental legislation, environmental impact assessment, water and energy related issues, and sustainability. Other matters related to or which influence the international debate on sustainability will be also considered.
- Global environmental issues
- Agenda 21
- Energy, water, recycling, waste management
- Environmental reports
- Environmental policies and action plans
- Environmental systems
- Environmental legislation
- Environmental impact assessment
- Sustainable development approaches and methods
More on this journal...
The issue of environment and sustainable development is a complex one. Often environmental and development matters are intertwined and a holistic understanding of them is necessary to achieve long-term progress. IJESD intends to act as an outlet for papers dealing with the issues raised in an interdisciplinary way. Specifically, it reports on initiatives involving environmental improvements in developing and industrialised nations, disseminates case studies, projects and programmes and reports on the findings of studies and research on environment and sustainable development. It will also foster information exchange with respect to pilot projects on transport, recycling, waste management and analysis of legislation and appraisals of the impacts of regulations, among other topics. Moreover, it will serve as a vehicle for the documentation and dissemination of what government bodies, research agencies, international bodies, universities and aid agencies are doing to pursue the path of sustainable development.
IJESD will of special interest to researchers, workers at international agencies, university staff and consultants working on environmental matters and interested in sustainability issues.
In addition, staff working at ecological stations, involved in the management of environment and development projects or in charge of environment programmes at the institutional level will find the journal of interest. Students taking courses in economics, environmental issues and international development are also among the groups the journal intends to reach.Contents
Current journals focus either on environmental matters per se or on general sustainability issues. There are no specific fully-refereed outlets to date, to disseminate the broad body of work and knowledge currently available on sustainability in a developing country context. IJESD
is therefore the first scholarly publication to specifically address the need for analysis of environment and sustainable development matters. IJESD
- Papers: scientific descriptions of projects, experiments or pilot projects dealing with environment and sustainability-related issues
- Articles: short texts outlining approaches, methods or case studies in which approaches to environment and sustainability are described
- Book reviews: describing recent publications on the topic and on related matters
- News: items, events and announcements of general interest to all readers
- A balanced provision of information on matters of regional and international relevance
Browse issuesVol. 12
IJESD is indexed in:
IJESD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Ivanov, Nikolaj, Baltic State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Rivas, Fernanda, Research and Transfer Centre, Germany
- Al-Amin, Abul Quasem, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Ashford, Nicholas, MIT, USA
- Bachiorri, Antonella, Università degli Studi di Parma, Italy
- Basak, Rishi, Environment Canada, Canada
- Blakeley, Jo, Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand
- Breyman, Steve, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Chaudhari, Sanjeev, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Clüsener-Godt, Miguel, UNESCO, France
- Clift, Roland, University of Surrey, UK
- De Oliveira, Haydée Torres, Federal University of São Carlos, Brazil
- Dobrowolski, Jan W., AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Greenberg, Michael R., Rutgers University, USA
- Installe, Michel, Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium
- Kliucininkas, Linas, Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Lindroos, Paula, Abo University Academy, Finland
- Lotz, Heila, Rhodes University, South Africa
- Mulder, Karel F., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Narodoslawsky, Michael, Institute for Chemical Engineering Fundamentals and Process Engineering, Austria
- Pace, Paul, University of Malta, Malta
- Philipps, Paul, University College Northampton, UK
- Seaward, Mark, University of Bradford, UK
- Snickars, Folker, Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Tahir, Farrukh, Pakistan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.