- Challenges and foundations
- Concepts and models
- Strategies and initiatives
- International, national, regional, local levels
- Drivers and barriers
- Case studies, best (or worst) practice studies
- Development/implementation issues (especially e-participation and e-voting)
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJED are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the further evolution of democratic institutions. The international dimension is emphasised in order to successfully face the global challenges ahead in order to adapt current national democratic institutions. The gap between democratic ideals and democratic realities, already large, will grow even greater if democracies all around the globe fail to rise to these challenges.Readership
IJED provides a vehicle to help policy makers, academics, researchers, and professionals working in the field of political management, public administration, political science, and information technology to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.Contents
IJED publishes original research papers and case studies from such fields as information systems, political science, systems theory, communication theory. Published research will be based on diverse methods and approaches as creative insight often occurs outside traditional research approaches and topic areas. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Electronic Democracy will occasionally be published.
Browse issuesVol. 1
IJED is indexed in:
IJED is listed in:
- Zefkili, Konstantina N., University College London, UK
- Dragomirescu, Horatiu, Bucharest University of Economics - ASE, Romania
- Krimmer, Robert, Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Austria
- Akpınar, Yavuz, Bogaziçi University, Turkey
- Andersen, Kim Normann, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Anttiroiko, Ari-Veikko, University of Tampere, Finland
- Aström, Joachim, Örebro University, Sweden
- Capuano, Nicola, University of Salerno, Italy
- Dagdilelis, Vassilios, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Damiani, Ernesto, University of Milan, Italy
- Esteve, Jordi, Universidad de Leon, Spain
- Filzmaier, Peter, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Geczy, Peter, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- Gibson, Rachel K., University of Leicester, UK
- Grönlund, Ake, Örebro University, Sweden
- Jou, Min, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Karvalics, Laszlo Z., University of Szeged, Hungary
- Kikis-Papadakis, Kathy, Foundation for Research and Technology-Hellas, Greece
- Leggewie, Claus, University of Gießen, Germany
- Mangioni, Giuseppe, University of Catania, Italy
- Mukama, Evode, National University of Rwanda, Rwanda
- Norris, Donald F., University of Maryland, USA
- Norris, Pippa, Harvard University, USA
- Noveck, Beth Simone, The Democracy Design Workshop, USA
- Pratchett, Lawrence, Leicester Business School, UK
- Rifon, Luis Anido, University of Vigo, Spain
- Sabucedo, Luis Álvarez, Universidade de Vigo, Spain
- Saeed, Saqib, Bahria University, Pakistan
- Shulman, Stuart W., University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Soto Acosta, Pedro, University of Murcia, Spain
- Trechsel, Alexander H., European University Institute Florence, Italy
- Zafiropoulos, Kostas, University of Macedonia, Greece
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.