- Accounting/auditing in economic/financial crises
- Accounting within the global economy, climate change
- Definitions/origins of accounting
- Business theories/models, early economic theories
- Political economy, exercise of power
- International capital markets/accounting/regulations
- Reporting impact on stock market instabilities
- Accounting/auditing and money laundering's impact on economies
- Regulation of national/international banking
- Accounting and the labour process
- Government functions' accountability
- Accounting history; as social memory
- Accounting/democracy in the workplace
- International relations (e.g. Third World debt)
- Gender/class conflicts
More on this journal...
The objective of IJEA is to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of economics and accounting in society. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.Readership
IJEA provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the fields of economics, accounting, managerial accounting and business education to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
Our focus is on bringing scholars from emerging markets together with those from Europe and the USA.
IJEA publishes original double-blind refereed papers, Special Issues and case studies.
More on permissions
IJEA is indexed in:
IJEA is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Tinker, Tony, Baruch College at the City University of New York, USA
- Elad, Charles, University of Westminster, UK
- Sy, Aida, Farmingdale State College, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Arnold, Vicky, University of Central Florida, USA
- Aronowitz, Stanley, City University of New York, USA
- Arrington, Edward, North Carolina at Greensboro, USA
- Asuman, Atik, Marmara University, Turkey
- Balachandran, Bala, South Bank University, UK
- Bastida, Francisco, University of Murcia, Spain
- Bean, David, Iona College, USA
- Benito, Bernardino, University of Murcia, Spain
- Bettner, Mark, Bucknell University, USA
- Bricard, Agnes, Cabinet ABC Audit Bilan Conseil, France
- Briggs, Susan, University of South Australia, Australia
- Briloff, Abe, Baruch College at the City University of New York, USA
- Cherry, Alan, Loyola Marymount University, USA
- Colasse, Bernard, University of Paris-Dauphine, France
- Degos, Jean-Guy, Montesquieu University, France
- De Lange, Paul, RMIT University, Australia
- Donleavy, Gabriel, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Ferreira, Leonor, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal
- Formigoni, Henrique, Presbyterian University Mackenzie, Brazil
- Fuerman, Ross, Suffolk University, USA
- Gaffikin, Michael, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Imoniana, Joshua Onome, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- James, Kieran, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Lawrence, Stewart, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Leech, Stewart, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Mickhail, George, University of Wollongong, Australia
- O'Connell, Brendan, RMIT University, Australia
- Okcabol, Fahrettin, USA
- Ollman, Bertell, New York University, USA
- Ouvrard, Stephane, Montesquieu Bordeaux IV University, France
- Owolabi, Akintola, Pan-African University, Nigeria
- Peace, Bob, North Carolina State University, USA
- Pesqueux, Yvon, C.N.A.M., France
- Sawabe, Norio, Kyoto University, Japan
- Simyar, Farhad, Chicago State University, USA
- Smith, L. Murphy, Murray State University, USA
- Vasarhelyi, Miklos, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.