- Product, engineering and industrial design
- Design in engineering subject areas
- CAD, CAM, CAE
- Design for sustainability and renewable energy
- Web/internet technologies and wireless computing in design engineering
- Design management
- Integrated design and manufacturing, concurrent engineering
- Mechanical transmission and machine elements
- Tribology and lubrication in design engineering
- Mechanics and mechatronics, heat transfer and fluids
- Design optimisation and finite/boundary element methods in design engineering
- Agile manufacturing
- Rapid prototyping
- Experimental and theoretical analyses in design engineering
- Advanced computing in design engineering
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJDE
are to establish an effective channel of communication between academic and research institutions, industries and enterprises, professional organisations, policy makers, government agencies and persons concerned with the complex issues in design engineering and related subject areas. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in those areas. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.Readership
IJDE provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers, engineers and policy makers, working in the field of design engineering and related subject areas, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's workContents
IJDE publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, conference reports, case studies, book reviews, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in design engineering and related areas will occasionally be published.
IJDE is indexed in:
IJDE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Su, Daizhong, The Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Fang, Howie, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Konukseven, E. Ilhan, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Schaefer, Frank, HAW Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Tiwari, Ashutosh, Cranfield University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Abdalla, Hassan, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Adeli, Hojjat, Ohio State University, USA
- Balic, Joze, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Bayo, Adriano Mones, Grupo de Empresas Temper, Spain
- Björling, Sten-Erik, Enviro Data, Sweden
- Bouchard, Carole, Arts & Métiers Paristech (ENSAM), France
- Eskelinen, Harri, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Goldfarb, Veniamin I., Izhevsk State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Heidbrink, Hans-Ulrich, InConTec GmbH, Germany
- Hemmje, Matthias L., FernUniversität Hagen, Germany
- Loon, Han van, Leistungs Consult GmbH, Switzerland
- Lu, Nianli, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Millet, Dominique, SUPMECA - Toulon, France
- Ordóñez de Pablos, Patricia, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Rais-Rohani, Masoud, Mississippi State University, USA
- Roy, Robin, The Open University, UK
- Sapidis, Nickolas S., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Shaw, Dein, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Snidle, R W, Cardiff University, UK
- Solomonides, Ian, Macquarie University, Australia
- Sun, Shouqian, Zhejiang University, China
- Tang, Ming-xi, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Werner, Markus, TriaGnoSys GmbH, Germany
- Withalm, Josef, Siemens AG Austria, Austria
- Wong, Kuan Yew, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Xu, Anping, Hebei University of Technology, China
- Yao, Yingxue, Harbin Institute of Technology, China
- Zhu, Shifan, Harbin Engineering University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.